Author Topic: What's happening to the EB Bass ...  (Read 738 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
What's happening to the EB Bass ...
« on: July 25, 2014, 03:40:30 PM »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening to the EB Bass ...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 05:08:21 PM »
No, that's just thestratosphere's business model: buying new guitars and parting them out. Fender and Gibson seem okay with it. You pay as much or more as you would buying the whole thing complete but if you want to mix and match (with Fenders) or supply your own electronics and hardware, they're the place to go.

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 08:50:35 PM »
He doesn't just buy new guitars. He seems to have found a way to tap into the damaged/returned market, and also buys stuff off ebay and parts out or flips them a few weeks later. I got outbid on a Fender thing, and knew the serial number when he sold it a month later. But I have no problem with that. I have bought several things from him, and always get a decent deal, and all the right stuff sent fast, etc.
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 05:18:11 AM »
I have no problem with damaged basses or guitars being parted out. But to tear a perfectly fine vintage instrument apart, just to part it out for more profit is sickening.

About the new EB; I don't think Gibson is going to give up soon on this bass. I see more and more bassists on stage with this model.
They're great basses.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 07:29:43 AM »
Used parts are only a tiny part of thestratosphere's business. There are many more sellers parting out much more vintage stuff than he does.

Here's his current Gibson section. All or virtually all are either new parted out pieces or new parts.