Author Topic: What is the deal on these?  (Read 1095 times)

eb2

• View Profile
What is the deal on these?
« on: July 07, 2008, 08:05:00 AM »
Anyone played one?  Is this decent, or crap?  Has too many of the hallmarks of a modern Tbird as opposed to a 60s one for my tastes, but by looks I am curious.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dillion-Black-Thunderbird-Bass_W0QQitemZ360067605597QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item360067605597&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: What is the deal on these?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 08:12:38 AM »
Nice copy. It has a set neck and the headstock looks seventies big:)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 09:39:11 AM »
I haven't seen a Dillion T-bird. The Dillions I have seen are decent Korean-made copies but not up to Gibson or USA Fender hardware and electronics standards.

There's some kind of feud going on with Dillions. There are now two separate importers, one in the US and the other in Canada, each implying that the other is a fraud. Of course there's no Dillion factory, it's just an importer name. Also I've noticed that the US Dillion is now marketing the guitars as "hand crafted" in Korea. Yeah, right. They're factory-made assembly-line guitars. NTTAWWT.

PhilT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 03:51:42 AM »
Dillion seems to have done well out of the "I tried guitars costing hundreds of dollars more and the Dillion was better, the fact it was all I could afford had nothing to do with it" brigade on Harmony Central. And you'd think "John Dillion" was the Paul Reed Smith of copies, till you find out that's not even his real name.