Author Topic: new addition  (Read 4725 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: new addition
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 05:07:26 PM »
What I want to know is why there is a gas-torch in such close proximity to that IV in the first shot...

Vat ehvil hexpermens arst vu planzing...? :o ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 05:31:25 PM »
It was absolutely necessary - an outdoor/marquee gig in Banff, Scotland.  It was single figures of celsius (less than fifty F).  In MAY.  The drummer kept his coat on for the first couple of songs.  The sax player was warming his hands on a cup of coffee between songs.  Trombone player had gloves on. Keyboard player was rubbing his hands. Singer/guitarist was too drunk to care.

I just looked Banff, Scotland up on Google....... it's north from me!  ;) 
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2013, 01:25:43 AM »
Speaking of up North, Edith and I intend to visit Oregon and Washington State next summer/septemberish. Be afraid, be very afraid, Mark. And we'll be seriously miffed if there is no Nasty Habit gig around then.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2013, 04:34:46 AM »
Congrats on the new bass! The heather looks great, much better than any of the other colors I've seen on the IVs. And I agree these seem to look pretty good with the all black hardware, much better than some of the other basses Gibson offered.

The natural is my favorite, I think. Last year one on eBay went for less than $400. Should have bought it.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 09:43:43 AM »
Speaking of up North, Edith and I intend to visit Oregon and Washington State next summer/septemberish. Be afraid, be very afraid, Mark. And we'll be seriously miffed if there is no Nasty Habit gig around then.

Wow! How cool Uwe!
Please let me know your travel dates ASAP, that's really exciting.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

weekend warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2013, 11:42:33 AM »
The neck is very comfortable. Has the p width with a thinner,flatter feel to it. Its not a big neck at all.
Life is like a big fan.And sometimes the CACA hits it!

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2013, 11:47:15 AM »
sounds kinda Victoryish then.
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

neepheid

• View Profile
    • The Inevitable Teaspoons
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2013, 04:20:53 PM »

I just looked Banff, Scotland up on Google....... it's north from me!  ;) 

There's some video from the gig - check all the coats and the sound engineer dressed up like a sharp hat wearing sherpa.  Ludicrously cold night for the beginning of May!

Basses: Epi JC Sig 20th Anniversary - Epi Les Paul Standard - Epi Korina Explorer - G&L CLF L-1000 - G&L Tribute LB-100 - Sire D5 - Reverend Triad - Harley Benton HB-50
Band: The Inevitable Teaspoons

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2013, 04:50:19 PM »

I've come to the conclusion that I am a very delicate flower!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2013, 01:32:03 AM »
Deflowered delicate flower that is!

Hey, you always posted those spectacular upstate Washington pics when you took out the Subaru, I had to succumb eventually. Plus, you said it never rains there either. No to mention those awsome model train collections all inhabitants seem to have.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2013, 07:07:38 AM »

August is pretty dry here, lots to see that's way more interesting than my trains!
Bring some warm clothes 'cause this is the mountains after all.

Blue Heaven!

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2013, 10:05:19 AM »
Alright I just can't resist anymore; gentlemen, I present a topical pun that ruined so many grade school dances for me (because I refused to drink the "yeah, they're so good" cool aid).

Basically I had nothing good to say about any of Maurice Starr's boy bands and it didn't help my already nonexistant popularity with the young ladies.  ... I think one girl actually got her older boyfriend to threaten me with violence because I dissed NKOTB.

To be fair, at the time I was heavily into Roxette (then again, considering what the rest of the class was into, I wasn't doing too badly).  Further hurting my coolness; they just weren't half as big over here as in Euroland, but at least I got a few awkward slowdances out of it.
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2013, 01:55:20 PM »
If I had been the Jackson 5 I'd have sued these usurpators to hell and back.