Author Topic: Since Uwe mentioned The Bangles...  (Read 4457 times)

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
Re: Since Uwe mentioned The Bangles...
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2013, 04:22:20 PM »
Cinderella's old videos are some of the best cinematography to ever hit MTV, back when they ya know, played music videos. "Heartbreak Station" is my favorite.

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2013, 08:40:17 AM »
It's great to come out of the Cinderella closet, at last!
I got a cassette or a single or something from a bandmate who heard somewhere about me liking them,
he took me aside and said: please don't tell anybody that this came from me..
Maybe I should get me some spandex and hair and just live out my teenage fantasies?

Erm.. anyway, speaking of cool cindy guitars, Eric (Brittingham), I recently noticed - also used some classy axes.
I only remember him playing some 'white P bass with pointy headstock' , but seeing moscow and other live stuff I think I saw a Red hollowbody Rick
and a well worn and rather old P bass. Good taste, that's for sure.

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2013, 07:59:54 AM »
Been searching Cinderella videos and found Gypsy Road. It's a laughable contrast between the band and the locals.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2013, 11:57:46 AM »
They do look a bit more road worn these days :)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2013, 12:41:29 PM »
Been searching Cinderella videos and found Gypsy Road. It's a laughable contrast between the band and the locals.

I would note Eric Brittingham in that vid, he looks bummed and has no bass.......It was shot in Mexico, first thing that happened was someone stealing it before the video shoot. The band running thru the various ancient ruins was a violation of what the Mexican gov't said they could do -  at that point the band didn't care! The on-stage stuff was done in L.A.

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2013, 12:48:06 PM »
Brittingham headed up a band called Naked Beggars after Cinderella.  They used to hit one of the metal bars here regularly until Cinderella started touring again.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2013, 02:12:38 PM »
no hair metal for  me....
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2013, 04:39:38 AM »
I saw Cinderella relatively recently in London  - my son loves them. It was a good show, but given that the "newest" song was from the early nineties pure nostalgia and I couldn't help thinking that Keifer felt the same way. He sang well, but his mind seemed to be elsewhere. His new solo album is worth a listen, basically a bit New Country/bit Faces where he sings in a different, less sceeching range except for a few songs where the Cinderell bug bit him  again and he unnecessarily feels obliged to show that he can still do even if his heart is no longer in it.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

rexdiablo

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2013, 08:23:28 AM »
On Keifer's recent solo tour my best friend's band opened for them the first night out. I thought they did great, not my style of music, though.  Super nice guy though, watched their whole soundcheck and was very easy going and talked gear with the band afterward. Changed guitars like it was going out of style through his set, too. 
Go fast, take chances.