Author Topic: what was it?  (Read 840 times)

wellREDman

• View Profile
what was it?
« on: July 30, 2013, 05:25:36 AM »
I had a bass briefly when I was a teenager that I thought was a cheapo copy of an eb-0.
 It had no name on the headstock,but  thinking about it now all the copy style guitars and basses I have ever seen have a name on them, its only custom jobs that have no name.
does this mean i may have given away something I should have kept hold of?

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: what was it?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 06:29:08 AM »
Not necessarily.  There were any number of Japanese copies without logos - or with decals which came off.  Not that they were bad basses - but not collectible.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

wellREDman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 12:34:06 PM »
it was a bad bass

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 01:02:46 PM »
There have been some decent bolt-on EB-0 copies. The Electra comes to mind, it's a stage-worthy bass. Even so, they sell cheap, there's one on eBay now for $299 or offer and that's about the max. Your no-name wouldn't be worth more than that even if it were a good bass.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 01:07:06 PM »
it was a bad bass

Well, in that case there's little lost.  Chances it was not only a clone, but a cheap one.  I had a really cheap Hofner Beatle Bass clone for a while in high school, as I recall the pickups were incredibly tinny and microphonic...not a loss I regret.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."