Main Forums > The Bass Zone

Darrin Huff on tb.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Dave W:
He made an EB-0/EB-3 shaped bass for Watt maybe 10-11 years ago, Watt called it the Purple Plower and he used it on a tour, then it mysteriously disappeared from Watt's page of "thudstaffs." I wonder what happened there.

ilan:

--- Quote from: nofi on May 07, 2013, 09:44:47 AM ---huff started making custom yo yos but that too is apparently gone.

--- End quote ---
A ship loaded with those yo-yos has sank 40 times.

Barklessdog:
Criminal is a better word. Darrin used to be a regular on the Dude Pit, seemed like a nice guy, bought and traded equipment, those are the ones to be wary of. I ordered my bass about 8 years ago or more. I lost track. The statute of limitations have run out long ago, so I have no choice but to wait.

He sends us pictures of progress, it is just painful. Too many regrets to list on this.

sacredfool22:

--- Quote from: Dave W on May 07, 2013, 07:13:40 PM ---He made an EB-0/EB-3 shaped bass for Watt maybe 10-11 years ago, Watt called it the Purple Plower and he used it on a tour, then it mysteriously disappeared from Watt's page of "thudstaffs." I wonder what happened there.

--- End quote ---

It mysteriously disappeared because Mike learned I had started playing bass, but didn’t own my own yet. He just up and presented me with the purple plower. Let’s see maybe that was 2005ish? A couple years later maybe through the Internet maybe a pic of me on Mike’s page Darrin had caught wind Mike didn’t own it very long before passing it onto me. I was a lil worried he might be butt hurt it was given to a then 19 year old girl, but he’s nice and has come to terms with it. I imagine I’d be a lil sentimental butt hurt if I were him, but I’m a great person and bass player. Mike is one of the most humble supportive dear friends to all!

Dave W:

--- Quote from: sacredfool22 on February 06, 2018, 02:38:26 PM ---It mysteriously disappeared because Mike learned I had started playing bass, but didn’t own my own yet. He just up and presented me with the purple plower. Let’s see maybe that was 2005ish? A couple years later maybe through the Internet maybe a pic of me on Mike’s page Darrin had caught wind Mike didn’t own it very long before passing it onto me. I was a lil worried he might be butt hurt it was given to a then 19 year old girl, but he’s nice and has come to terms with it. I imagine I’d be a lil sentimental butt hurt if I were him, but I’m a great person and bass player. Mike is one of the most humble supportive dear friends to all!

--- End quote ---

Thanks for letting us know what happened to it. Mike is highly respected.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version