Author Topic: EB-OF at Olivia's  (Read 1305 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
EB-OF at Olivia's
« on: June 17, 2013, 07:46:19 PM »
Have we seen this before? http://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-Gibson-early-version-of-the-EB-0-F-0F-w-built-in-FUZZ-TONE-/151061947918?pt=Guitar&hash=item232bfe660e

A little rough around the edges and priced on the high side (normal for Olivia's). The fuzztone sounds awful, IMHO. But there weren't many made.

westen44

• View Profile
Re: EB-OF at Olivia's
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 02:17:05 PM »
The sale has ended, but it has obviously been played a lot and has too much wear as far as I'm concerned. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 07:10:38 PM »
Relisted. My old one was in much better physical shape. Sold it for about $1100 but that was almost 15 years ago.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 12:33:51 AM »
Then I suppose if Olivia's had one in that condition it would go for about $2,800.
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 08:51:27 AM »
Probably. One good thing about Olivia's is that they go out of their way to show you exactly what you would be getting.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 09:15:48 AM »
I noticed that.  They certainly don't appear to be trying to hide anything. 

--Blaise Pascal

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 09:17:03 AM »
Relisted. My old one was in much better physical shape. Sold it for about $1100 but that was almost 15 years ago.

Yours had one gold tuning peg ferrel, it should have been worth more.............. :-\
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 02:03:56 PM »
Yours had one gold tuning peg ferrel, it should have been worth more.............. :-\

Do I owe you unpaid royalties on that?  ;)

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 03:26:36 PM »
I think this one has been relisted several times.
I bought an EB0F from england last summer, and there was also this bass and another one around at the bay at the same time. Mine was heavily modified and listed as EB0, but I remember the other two was listed at a high starting bid.
If i remember correctly, even higher than the new  (now ended) listing. I searched for photos of the fuzztone circuit (to restore my own) and came over this listing as well as other EB0F´s. Not many made, but not a bass for everyone, I suppose.

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 04:29:48 PM »
Do I owe you unpaid royalties on that?  ;)

I think I gave it to Nate, I might have a few yet?? A guy was selling a bunch of parts he ended up with from the old Guild factory at guitar shows. The tuners were the same as used on many sixties Gibson basses, but some were gold! I wish I would have bought more chrome tuners............ I think they were only a buck apiece.
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!