Author Topic: Tonight's beer  (Read 4184 times)

ack1961

• View Profile
Re: Tonight's beer
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2013, 08:22:22 PM »
My favorite Clutch (see the New Belgian Clutch beer above) song is "Brazenhead" - see? the circle of life
Have Fun.  Be Nice.  Mean People Suck.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2013, 11:03:22 AM »
Had an oversize bottle of this lovely Double Bock around for a while - smokey and very rich.  Split it with my daughter last night to celebrate her new job.

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 03:52:34 PM »
Congratulate her on our behalf... :toast:

I've mentioned the Hebridean brew, Beserker, before - 7.5% - took a batch back home with me in 2008 and saved a batch to take down to Devon, which was thoroughly enjoyed, but the last lot got warmed up on the way south (two summers back) and as it's a live beer it got ruined... :sad:

The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2013, 10:10:57 AM »
Since this thread is intentionally rather random, here's a shot of my back yard at 11:00 AM.  Wednesday it was 70 degrees, Friday it was 40's and snow has been falling steadily since last evening.  We are welcoming Spring!

Went out to run errands and on the way back, stopped at Daddy Starbucks.  Note the line-up of SUVs in front.  Colorado is SUV-central.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 12:55:21 PM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2013, 03:51:56 PM »
UK issue...

I'm surprised no-one over here has had a tee made up with "I was Googling Amazon whilst enjoying my Starbucks coffee..." ;D

Just back from a week drinking a lot of various beers at friends in Devon... detox time...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2013, 10:49:35 PM »
Cutthroat Porter from Ft. Collins was mentioned by Al earlier in this thread. When I saw it on the latest tap menu at my favorite pizzeria, I had to try it and I wasn't disappointed. It was excellent. This was at lunch, maybe a bit robust for some people at that time of day; couldn't get my friend to try it, she wanted something that the waitress had sampled and that was a little lighter.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2013, 07:52:55 AM »
That's neat, Dave!  I find that my taste has gone more and more to darker beers, especially porters and stouts.  I could certainly understand them being a bit heavy for lunch.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2013, 02:59:21 PM »
It went well with our polish sausage and sauerkraut pizza.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2013, 03:09:05 PM »
It went well with our polish sausage and sauerkraut pizza.

Now I KNOW you live in the upper midwest!!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2013, 09:08:16 PM »
My daughter brought home two choices to go with dinner...both intriguing!

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2013, 06:14:18 AM »
Samuel Smith makes great beer. If you get a chance to find this, go for it. It's like Christmas Pudding in a bottle.

I wonder why Uwe hasn't chimed in? C'mon dude, you're like from the land of beer!
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2013, 09:50:55 AM »
Samuel Smith makes great beer. If you get a chance to find this, go for it. It's like Christmas Pudding in a bottle.

I wonder why Uwe hasn't chimed in? C'mon dude, you're like from the land of beer!

Speaking of fonts and kerning, it looks like that says Dorkshire....    8)
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2013, 01:43:07 PM »

We're beginning to compete for that title, I think.  They're calling the Denver > Fort Collins area "The Napa Valley of Beer".

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2013, 01:57:48 PM »
Haven't had a beer since Sunday night due to my appendix interrupting my life. Little bastard!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2013, 06:52:39 PM »
We're beginning to compete for that title, I think.  They're calling the Denver > Fort Collins area "The Napa Valley of Beer".
Yet Napa is no France and Denver can't match England, Bavaria, Bohemia or Belgium
While American breweries are bold and daring I find most micro brews heavy handed with hops and lacking the subtlety and perfected tradition I enjoy from imports.
Uwe's silence has me worried. Could it be he is a German that doesn't like bier? I might have to call Angela Merkel so she can revoke his citizenship.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 08:15:59 PM by 4stringer77 »
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.