Author Topic: Vanilla Fudge  (Read 5039 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Re: Vanilla Fudge
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2013, 10:24:34 AM »

One of my best friends knows Timmy and Carmine since the Cactus days so i have gotten to know them fairly well.  About 12 years or so ago they released a "new" version of the vanilla fudge album with the girl on the cover and we got to play the cd release party and hung out with them and they played a little with us.  stayed friends with the keyboard player named bill Pascal who was with them at the time....  Carmine is so cool and true rockstar.  Timmy has issues,  always has.  Just a great bass player who can't get along with people,  especially guitar players. About 10 years or so the fudge where playing BB kIngs in NYC and Timmy got sick and i got the call to be on standby.  Then TM Stevens  was tracked down thank god as filling Tim's shoes is a scary spot.   As a bass player they are top 2 or 3 rhythm sections ever for me but i can understand tp some degree why guitarists have issues  but thats mainly because if they had realtime they would be bass players anyway.... :-)

I have a feeling that much of this that is happening with Tim Bogert not getting along well with people may not be his fault.  It's possible people are just not perceiving him accurately (at least part of the time.)  See the link I posted with the interview.  It's clear to me he wanted to continue working with Jeff Beck, for instance.  It seemed to be Beck who had a problem, not Bogert. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

westen44

• View Profile
Re: Vanilla Fudge
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
The Billy Sheehan bass clinic I went to, Sheehan talked about being really nervous when Tim Bogert showed up at a clinic Sheehan did previously.  He was stumbling over describing a technique, and Bogert just answered from the crowd, "It's called 'raking'"

Great story.   ;D
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal