Author Topic: Check out the basses in this sale  (Read 1695 times)

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
Check out the basses in this sale
« on: February 26, 2013, 11:29:33 AM »
http://www.myrareguitars.com/demoguitars.html

The title says it all. I'm no shill, just thought there were some pretty cool instruments. Check out the lefty six string bass!

westen44

• View Profile
Re: Check out the basses in this sale
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 05:46:49 PM »
A few of those demo prices were not bad, but with a demo you never know, just like with any used instrument.  One of my main amps was a demo. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:10:29 AM by westen »
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 06:12:49 AM »
Most of them remind me of the crayons my sisters would leave in the car and melt.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 08:14:07 AM »
Most of them remind me of the crayons my sisters would leave in the car and melt.

My problem is not so much with the 60s retro look as with the fact that you never know what an in-store demo model has been through, although like I said, I did buy my amp like that. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 10:22:08 AM »
I suppose I should be happy that someone thought of doing a retro model of the Hurricane, but it is SO FAR away from the original.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 10:56:44 AM »
My problem is not so much with the 60s retro look as with the fact that you never know what an in-store demo model has been through, although like I said, I did buy my amp like that. 

They are the importer. They say floor model demos but AFAIK they're not a retail store. I would guess these include guitars he has taken to guitar shows to demonstrate, as well as some customer returns and B-stock.

From everything I've heard, it's a reputable company.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 11:39:42 AM »
They are the importer. They say floor model demos but AFAIK they're not a retail store. I would guess these include guitars he has taken to guitar shows to demonstrate, as well as some customer returns and B-stock.

From everything I've heard, it's a reputable company.

I was wondering about that.  Nevertheless, a floor demo model can be fine if you get lucky.  Besides my amp, I know a guitarist who bought a Marshall at a really low price ten years ago that was a floor model, and it's still working great. 

--Blaise Pascal

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 02:08:11 PM »
Fugly at any price.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird