Author Topic: Mighty Toilet Warriors  (Read 12402 times)

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
Re: Mighty Toilet Warriors
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2013, 05:47:50 PM »
I don't envy you any Kenny. That is a TON of work you have there!!!
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2013, 08:21:18 PM »
Ken, at least a Brit won Wimbledon. That's something to smile about, isn't it? Unless you'd prefer a Scotsman and a blancmange in the finals.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2013, 04:24:43 PM »
Murray suffers from something he said (taken out of context) about England playing Argentina in a footie match, and being Scottish (from Dunblane, and was nine and at the primary school the day some nut-job shot 17 kiddies before turning the gun on himself - the result was the banning of ownership of hand-guns in the UK) the comment he made was that he'd be supporting Argentina for the day...!
So, over here, he's a BRIT when he wins and a SCOT when he loses... Top hole... spiffing Brit, old chap... talk of a Knighthood at present... :-\

And on the eighth day...

Well, actually, post the bath last night I got the steam cleaner and jetted out the old fridge/freezer we have in the garage... long story made short... bought in 92 or so and replaced last autumn/fall... so the old one went into the garage beside our "veggie" chiller (even older fridge) to give us more freezer space - used to be a frost free but failed so needs to be defrosted once a month... the steamer does the job in five/ten minutes or so... came home today, deciding to not do anything as the knee was burning with pain from driving (accelerator foot)... decided to get something from the outside freezer and noted it was warmer than it should be... a circulating fan was not running... emptied it out, tore the wiring loom apart and checked why, then started ripping more redundant parts out (one small t'stat over-ride, the defrost timer - element was taken out last year - so all wiring bypassed... all I had to do was find some volts to run the fan, which I did... during this process the stool I was sitting on collapsed, breaking a leg and tipping me backwards, cracking my head against the ground (no "knocking some sense into him" jokes please) and when I came in it was gone 2300... so much for a night off... :rolleyes:

Oh yeah... Andy... there's a bit of me that doesn't envy me at present either...  ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2013, 09:03:40 PM »
Sounds like you have now invented the insulated closet, no electronics needed!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2013, 03:37:05 PM »
 ;D

Still in recovery mode...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

planetgaffnet

• View Profile
    • Nancy Johnson
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2013, 03:01:36 PM »
I've only just read this thread.  So many similarities with the place we're renovating.
P

The future I come from no longer exists.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2013, 05:16:38 PM »
I've been using all my spare time... well... most of it... with the tiling, due to the pattern we chose to go for and have just ran out of tiles needing about 10 more... sink can't be fitted until I grout the area... :rolleyes:

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2013, 06:48:29 PM »
Pictures!  For all we know you've been frolicking with rodents and slacking off!  :P

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2013, 12:46:41 AM »
Slave driver... ;D

Jackie took some of the carnage, so... got to get the last pack of tiles this morning, then a bit of cleaning pre grouting, then, as I do know the rules, and am often guilty of Policing them ...  ;)

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2013, 09:14:51 AM »
Ugh, nothing worse than cleaning mastic out of the joint areas and off of the tiles before grouting >:(  I tried to convince my wife that this activity was fun - she didn't buy it and I always wound up doing it myself.  The other activity I hate, though it's almost the easiest, it sealing the grout at the end of the project.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2013, 01:43:50 AM »
We all know they have intelligence and can see straight through any ruse we might try to play... ;)

Plan for today is grouting some areas so I can get the sink and (electric) shower back in place, finish of the cabinet and start on the frontage of the bath ... SWMBO's sister is here on Tuesday and I'm grist for t' mill if works not to schedule...  :o ;D

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2013, 02:00:23 AM »
Just been reminded by another thread ... I have to shift the position of the pull-switch for the light today too ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2013, 11:50:36 AM »
...so I can get the sink and (electric) shower back in place...

Dang.  I'm behind the times.  An electric shower sounds dangerous to me!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2013, 04:27:06 PM »
7kw - runs off mains water - common over here - think "instant-heat" hand wash...

Well, like all plans... forgot that if I was putting the sink in I'd have to have fitted the flooring, so...

Hard board down... lino down... skirtings undercoated... door off and on again... sink cupboard fitted and fixed... sink fitted with temp fixings... the Ikea supplied (plumbing waste) parts are crap...

I'm pleased with what I got done today...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2013, 05:38:56 PM »
Some picture updates...

Well, this is the basic pattern, which is repeating...

The hamster and the puppy have both had enough of it all...

... and no matter how hard I tried there was no escape on the magic carpet lino, either...

Cupboard's in... mirrors are up... more to follow as I'm falling asleep after a long days grout...