Author Topic: It's the end of the world as we know it...  (Read 3260 times)

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
Re: It's the end of the world as we know it...
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 08:45:38 PM »
I just discovered "McLemore Avenue" by Booker T & the MGs so I'm good

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 02:55:57 PM »
the southern hemisphere is still here.we played an end of the world party last night,im pretty sure some of the audience feel like its the end of the world this morning.
Louder bass!.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 03:34:26 PM »
TCM has been running "end of the world" movies today.  Just watched Panic in Year Zero with Ray Milland.  :popcorn:
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 04:46:09 PM »
;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

ack1961

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 05:46:12 PM »
Ohio will only find out 10 years from now.

..in 10 years, Florida will still be counting votes from this past election
Have Fun.  Be Nice.  Mean People Suck.

Hörnisse

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 06:26:26 PM »
..in 10 years, Florida will still be counting votes from this past election

And Rick Perry will still be the Governor of Texas.   :rolleyes:

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 01:36:17 AM »
Biggest disappointment since the Y2K bug if you ask me.

I worked with Jehova's Witnesses in the late seventies/early eighties - Stihl chainsaws. Stihl hired them preferred because they were non-union members - who needs higher wages when the world will end so soon? Nice, gentle people, except that their argument how we had no more dinosaurs today is a consequence of them being too big to fit on the Ark - what about aquatic dinosaurs then? - seemed to be missing something. Anyway, when their doomsday expired they pretended to be unperturbed, but you could tell they didn't like it, the Lord was testing their faith or maybe calendars didn't fit on Noah's Ark either.

One of my famous good deeds in corrupting others was when we went to a waste paper station to get rid of a whole bunch of misprinted and/or outdated Stihl catalogs. When we arrived what looked like a ton of Hustler, Penthouse, Playboy and that fine magazine called Tits'n'Ass had been delivered there just before us - international magazines (these were US editions) are dumped once they expire, too costly to send them back to the US. They were still in their original, errrm, fluid-proof packaging. Being the nice guy I always aspire to be, I took a stack of each into our van - theft in theory (and practice), true, but for a good cause as you are about to find out. Upon my return the youngest of "the Witnesses" (as the non-Witnesses called them) asked me coyly whether he could have - he took the mildest medicine, mind you - a Playboy to drape his car with (a Simca Matra - not very Jehova's Witness'ish either for its sleek sporty looks) so everyone could see it. I obliged as I tend to do when good things are required off me. Long story short: He withstood the vitriolic comments of his brothers in faith that ensued, the "talks" and brainwashing, started dating a girl not of their community (whether she was a former centerfold named Kimberly and liked animals and men with humor I have no evidence for) and, look and behold, fell away from (that faith, they were relieved to let him go), married her and got a new better-paid job. Hugh Hefner (with only a little help from yours truly) won against  stern ole Jehova who let the dinosaurs drown (even the ones that could swim)! But then, for all its qualities and vintage vibe, The Watchtower cannot really compete with Playboy, can it?
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 06:11:46 AM »
Don't worry folks, I'm sure there will be another end of the world prediction soon and plenty of parties to go with it. ;D
Rick

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2012, 09:43:50 AM »
Worst. Apocalypse. Ever.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2012, 11:09:02 AM »
I thought that was that film by Mel Gibson (no relation)... ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...