Author Topic: NR body on eBay?  (Read 3650 times)

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
Re: NR body on eBay?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 09:03:02 PM »
I wouldn't think that I would try the production angle but when you look at jigged construction techniques I could have an an unfinished body done in about two hours total time.  The question is what is my time worth?

Kenny, if the economy doesn't improve soon I'll be in Florida working for Carlo :P   

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 09:08:10 PM »
I wouldn't think that I would try the production angle but when you look at jigged construction techniques I could have an an unfinished body done in about two hours total time.  The question is what is my time worth?

It's not just your two hours. There's the cost of the wood, pickups and finishing materials.

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 09:14:50 PM »
My thought, such as it is/was, was to sell a body only - ready to paint.  Painting is a royal pain and the only way is mix your own and spray which, in a neighborhood, is not a viable option.  If I could do it in a couple of hours and clear $125 it might be worth it.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 04:05:53 AM »
Now don't go tredin' on the "swamper's" business... ;D

The more the merrier!

My thought, such as it is/was, was to sell a body only - ready to paint.  Painting is a royal pain and the only way is mix your own and spray which, in a neighborhood, is not a viable option.  If I could do it in a couple of hours and clear $125 it might be worth it.

All you need is a cnc router;D

For Scott's Pelham NR I used decanted Reranch.  Prep is the most important process.  There's around 6 ounces of actual color, 1 coat.  The rest is sealer, filler (drywall mud), white primer and clear.  About $20 in paint materials and 4 hours of total labor starting with a body sanded to 180.