Author Topic: Midtown Bass on keymusic.com  (Read 7722 times)

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
Re: Midtown Bass on keymusic.com
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2012, 02:33:54 PM »
got my eyes peeled(ouch)for a midtown bass at the 2 "big" music retailers in nz.i want to hear one.i wonder why gibson did not put the bfg bridge and tailpiece on the tb nr reissue?its not as if they seem overly concerned about it working properly or not.perhaps they just buy them in from somewhere else.
Louder bass!.

Wilbur88

• circa 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2012, 06:38:35 PM »
Just for grins, I counted the frets on the 6072 and the Midtown.  The 6072 joins the body around the 19th fret, making for a really long neck.  The Midtown joins around the 15-16th frets.  You can see how much further into the body the heel is on the Midtown.  I suspect this might be one hollow body bass with a 34" scale that I can handle.  My problem just isn't reach in terms of my arm length.  I have left shoulder problems and reaching out for a couple hours at a gig just plain hurts!  So, shorter necks hurt less.  Very simple really!  I can only take so much Advil.

Either way, the first cherry Midtown that comes into the HOG is mine!

Sounds like the ticket for you Bill.  Keep us posted - I'm keen on an in hand report from someone.
Basses:  Gibson '78 G3 & '06 T-bird, '96 Ric 4003, '83 Steinberger L2, '11 Warwick Star, '01 Gretsch G6072, '11 Fender 60th P, '78 Guild B302F
Rig: Ampeg, Hiwatt, Fender TV

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2012, 06:51:02 PM »
Sounds like the ticket for you Bill.  Keep us posted - I'm keen on an in hand report from someone.

We will see!  I'm hopeful.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!