Author Topic: Sneak pics of "The EB"????  (Read 6074 times)

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
Re: Sneak pics of "The EB"????
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 04:13:39 PM »
A shocker.  But slightly more attractive than the GOW reverse Flying V or the 20/20.
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

JZumbro

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2012, 07:50:39 PM »
Looks vaguely familiar...

I was thinking that too.

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 08:10:14 AM »

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2012, 08:11:56 AM »
Good point, although it doesn't look as tubby as a Wal.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2012, 09:39:49 AM »
the money bass was boring, like looking at an ibanez.

I don't see that at all. I see the Ibanez stuff as streamlined Fenders. I think the Money bass is a really nice looking instrument, but I really dislike 24 fret 'boards. There really was no logic as to why the $ didn't take off. Possibly not enough people had a chance to try one out. TB+ pups are still kind of a well kept secret. And looking like guitar pups probably doesn't help.

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2012, 12:34:24 PM »
You can't buy what isn't there and most new retail Money basses ended up out of reach of players, either place or just plain unavailability. Unless he knew about it and was looking for it, the average bass player had no idea it even existed, much less how it sounded and played.  Gibson's bass distribution was even worse for it than for its other models. The majority of the ones on eBay probably came from closeout sales from big dealer backstock where they were buried in warehouses.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2012, 05:50:40 PM »
You can't buy what isn't there and most new retail Money basses ended up out of reach of players, either place or just plain unavailability. Unless he knew about it and was looking for it, the average bass player had no idea it even existed, much less how it sounded and played.  Gibson's bass distribution was even worse for it than for its other models. The majority of the ones on eBay probably came from closeout sales from big dealer backstock where they were buried in warehouses.

Yep, Brian Goff's Bizarre guitars bought a bunch and closed 'em out at $600-700, and he wasn't a Gibson dealer. I seem to remember another eBay store doing that too. The original street price was about twice that.