Author Topic: Bully gets served !  (Read 5875 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Bully gets served !
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 10:31:11 AM »
I still remember an incident from high school. One of my classmates was very short and pudgy and wore thick glasses. And if I told you his name and asked you to picture what someone with that name would look like, you'd probably picture him just as he actually was. He didn't act nerdy or odd, though. One day during intramural basketball, he was playing on an another court and a big guy at least a foot taller started harassing him. He ignored it until the big guy shoved him. He wound up and walloped the big guy smack in the face. Cold cocked him, broke his nose, knocked out a couple of teeth, lots of blood spurting. When the situation got sorted out, only the big guy got suspended. Nobody tried to pick on the little guy after that.

Jerks are jerks regardless of size.

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 11:10:31 AM »
How do we know what really happened? Or what really caused the fight? The big kid could have started it for all we know. Yeah, I've know a few small guys with a Napoleon complex, but more often than not it's the little guy who gets bullied.

Having been the "big kid" in that equation one time too many, I can say almost to a certainty that the little jerk instigated/planned it. His friend was recording it on the cellphone, and all the kids around him were encouraging him. The little kid is a predator and hopefully this might deter him down the road before he shoots, stabs, robs or rapes someone. The first bully I ever stood up to is doing life in prison for murder.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 11:47:11 AM »
i was the tallest guy in my class until ninth grade. the bullies were always the little guys. after i crushed one i had no more problems. >:( i didn't get expelled either. ;

why they want to pick on big guys is beyond me.

I can relate. For me, it was always some little f#ck a grade or two older with his buddies backing him up. I didn't care. I fought what seemed like every day during grade school. Big Irish/Chicago family, lots of close cousins. If there was nobody to mess with, we beat the crap out of EACH OTHER. LOL! Got my first bass after 7th grade, and people started to outgrow me, so I focused on my playing.  ;)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 01:28:06 PM »

Junior High School (grade 7-9) was really tough on me.......I was a pimply faced dork. Mom was still choosing my clothes at the time, I got picked on a bit, more verbal than physical ( my older brother picked on me verbally and physically too ) - I do not recall those years fondly.
 It was only by going to a new, different High School that really got me away from it, as a Sophmore I'd grown tall, had a lttle bit of hair on my face and had grown my hair out so I looked a little older and kids left me alone - That was 1974, the year I started playing the bass.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 02:25:41 PM »
I was constantly picked-on as a kid - short and round - I grew at least an extra 6" in height in my 15th to 16th years...

I never learnt to keep my mouth shut though - I remember a smaller kid than me being picked on and I said to them, "Why not pick on someone your own size", so one turned round and said, "Like you...?" and decked me with one punch... curiously he never picked on me again... met him on a pub several years later when I was 20lbs heavier, 5" taller than him, and had been working out so was fairly fit - after figuring out who he was I made the comment, "Your the guy that used to pick on me at school..." there was an awkward moment and then I grinned and that was that... we had a pint and I never saw him again...

I used to always avoid violence if I could as I did not wish to cause damage to my hands...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 02:28:53 PM »
Man...I got the shit beat out of me....most likely due to my parents being divorced when I was 4...really f***ed me up.....insecure kid living in 2 worlds......Grew up on the streets of Chicago...gang infested...I almost joined one...and then in 7 th grade..we moved to the suburbs...Park Ridge where the rich Kids hassled me again and would all gang up and punch me in the arm..I had bruises on my arms from Junior high to Junior year in High School...until a Jagoff a foot taller than me started beating on me in the hallway...I SNAPPED and started kicked the shit out of him..he was so freaked out!!! Wound up in the Dean's office, Mr. Adamo at Main South...neither of us got in trouble...at least I don't recall...Then I started picking fights with the biggest badasses I could...Mainly alcohol infused...that's where I get the PSYCHO reputation from...I fight VERY Dirty.....biting, scratching...broken bottles, boards with nails....Knives...chains....glass......Now I don't fight anymore...I just shoot them. ;)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 04:38:25 PM by Baz Cooper »

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 02:31:11 PM »
Also...some of the pricks who used to beat on me later on came to worship me and my band Daisy Chain...assholes. Some died from Aids from Heroin abuse, some went to prison....Now I am a Rock Bass    KING!!!     I won in the end.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 02:34:02 PM »
+1...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 08:21:57 AM »
broken bottles, boards with nails....Knives...chains....glass......

Wasn't Matt once almost on the receiving end of a Gibson Thunderbird?  ;)

NOT

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 04:40:49 PM »
I can't stand bullying. In first grade we had a midget in our class. Needless to say Sean, the midget, got picked on by a bunch of 6 year old @$$holes. The teachers were doing nothing to stop the constant ridicule. I remember being six years old thinking "When are they going to step in?" My dad told me after a week or so of school to always defend Sean. He told me it didn't matter if I got in trouble with the school, I had to do what was morally right. And I did. I still do. Sean and I are still friends today, now entering our senior year of high school.
Is Father Home?

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2012, 08:42:49 PM »
you did a good thing. more people should.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 06:20:20 AM »
I can't stand bullying. In first grade we had a midget in our class. Needless to say Sean, the midget, got picked on by a bunch of 6 year old @$$holes. The teachers were doing nothing to stop the constant ridicule. I remember being six years old thinking "When are they going to step in?" My dad told me after a week or so of school to always defend Sean. He told me it didn't matter if I got in trouble with the school, I had to do what was morally right. And I did. I still do. Sean and I are still friends today, now entering our senior year of high school.

That's very commendable of you and welcome to the forum!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...