Author Topic: Epiphone Goth-Bird Rebuild Part 1  (Read 4834 times)

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: Epiphone Goth-Bird Rebuild Part 1
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 02:06:36 PM »
Very nice!
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 04:45:03 PM »
Je suis très impressed!!! I'm no chromie, but together with that color it's great. And I do like the bridge, so there!  :P

IIRC, the Goth Epi Birds had a maho body as opposed to the alder ones of the reg Epis, your pics seem to indicate that too but can you confirm?

A most worthy resurrection, A for effort, A+ for how it came out. And you now have a TBird where you can actually noodle between the 17th and 19th fret, because that is where the Epi beats the original: While it doesn't feel nice playing with your thumb against the angular neck joint of the Epi, you at least get there - unlike with the Gibson where you have to revert to "double bass thumb on fretboard"-mode.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 04:25:16 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 06:56:56 PM »

IIRC, the Goth Epi Birds had a maho body as opposed to the alder ones of the reg Epis, your pics seem to indicate that too but can you confirm?

The body was indeed a red/brown wood that looks like mahogany (of some type). Some of the pictures make it hard to tell because the flash washed them out a bit. The sawdust that was created when routing and drilling was always red-ish. The raised center section is a white wood tho, no idea what it is but I'm sure it is nothing special.

I like chrome hardware depending on the guitar/bass that it is on. I felt that this color would work best with chrome. Black would have dulled the overall look imo, although it did look good when I tested my carbon-fiber guard on the body. I have a collection of 9 basses and 1 guitar. Five of those are all black (paint & hardware, even strings on some) so I wanted to have something with a little "flash" to it.

I appreciate the compliments everyone  :mrgreen:
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT