Gear Discussion Forums > Other Bass Brands

any T-40 love out there?

<< < (2/4) > >>

SKATE RAT:
uwe,do you read my mind or something? thats exactly the T-40 i want,and i've been looking for a B-301 for a while.and that Magnum is sick,i remember Kim Gordon from Sonic Youth playing one.deep thump throb!
my top 5 bass want list...........
1.Guild B-301...either the hog or ash versions just the single pup version
2.Gibson les paul standard in tobacco sunburst.
3.Peavey T-40 sunburst w/ rosewood
4.Rickenbacker 4001 "fireglow" w/ all the fancy stuff.
5.Fender Telecaster bass 72 first year w/ neck humbucker and year i was born

the Peavey and Guild are the only ones i can actually expect to afford the other 3 are out of my price range,there are a few more but............

uwe:
I've never made a secret that I like the Guild B-301 shape and that the Magnum II is all that an RD Artist should have and could have been had they made it of maho and stuck to sensible electronic features. Alas, the Guild is another one of those basses that sounds great in the comfort of your living room, but - at least in my ash version - weirdly middish-"honkey" in a band situation.

Uwe

SKATE RAT:
i've always seen the B-301 & B-302 as Guild's version of the Ripper and Grabber.

Dave W:
The only Guild B-301/302 I remember seeing anyone play was Ali McMordie's B-302 from the early years of Stiff Little Fingers. I once wrote him about it, and let's just say he doesn't remember it fondly.

Barklessdog:

--- Quote ---I've never made a secret that I like the Guild B-301 shape and that the Magnum II is all that an RD Artist should have and could have been had they made it of maho and stuck to sensible electronic features. Alas, the Guild is another one of those basses that sounds great in the comfort of your living room, but - at least in my ash version - weirdly middish-"honkey" in a band situation.

Uwe
--- End quote ---
Is that the hall of shame/ other basses/ failures other than Gibson?

You keep them in a dark cellar- a torture chamber of sorts?

Guild! Ovation! Peavy!    you have all Shamed me!

- Bongo / Musicman inspiration?
Are these kept in the laboratory?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version