Author Topic: Another Melody Maker deal alert  (Read 5182 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Another Melody Maker deal alert
« on: May 26, 2012, 02:10:23 PM »
Three years ago MF had an under-the-counter deal on White Gibson Melody Makers at about half street price. I bought one, Bret (Freud's Cat) bought a couple. Great deal. Still very happy with mine.

Now MF has an officially announced deal for $299 on the white original style ones, plus on several of the limited edition ones in black and/or white, including V and Explorer shapes. $299 Melody Makers

lowend1

• View Profile
Re: Another Melody Maker deal alert
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 05:58:41 PM »
I was at Sam Ash yesterday - they have 'em too.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 07:07:15 AM »
Seems you've got a thing for MMs Dave! Can't blame ya, I really like their "narrow" headstock and overall simplicity. And ofcourse their price! ;)
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 07:57:11 AM »
I really dig the tone. The new ones don't sound exactly like the originals, and they weren't intended to be exact. It's close enough, though. You know it's a MM and not an SG or LP.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 03:46:28 AM »
I play three chords, I needed a guitar, so I ordered a MM a year and a half ago. On the website they showed a one pickup model for a good price. Sunburst. I ordered it and the two pickup version came in. No problem.. For the recordings of The La La Lies I brought it to the studio and out guitar player used it a lot, especially in the two pickup mode.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 07:45:03 PM »
I remember you saying that back when I posted the original deal. Good to know it's still working for you. I'm still happy with just the single pickup.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 08:28:22 AM »
My new girlfriend stole my MM to play on it (*) so it's in Rotterdam for a while now. Hope Uwe doesn't bomb it again.

My guitarplayer didn't like it. I asked him if I should bring it to the studio a lot of times, but he didn't want to use it. I still brought it and now it's all over the new album:)

(*) I use my second guitar: A '75 Ibanez doublecut two pickup Melodymaker copy. Sounds awful;)