Author Topic: Stuart Zender  (Read 1839 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Stuart Zender
« on: June 05, 2008, 12:08:30 PM »
The UK issue of 'Guitar & Bass Magazine' features a an interview with a bass player called Stuart Zender. He plays with Mark Ronson (the guy behind Amy Winehouse) and he used to be the Jamiroquai bassist.

His former basses were Warwicks but he's pictured with a nice sunburst LP Bass.

'Stuart Zender has recently fallen head-over-heals for a slightly surprising bass - The Gibson Les Paul Standard. 'I played it at the Brit Awards and i was blown away with it,' he enthuses. 'I've been seriously impressed by its versatility. There's a warmth there, and some real dirty grit that I'm loving right now. What I'd like to do is a collaboration with Gibson to bring out something based on it but with an extra pick up to really bring up the low end.'
Zender doesn't actually miss the low register of his old five-string. ...'

A monologue about getiing tired of five strings, the love of a small neck and all his heroes playing four strings follows.

doombass

• View Profile
Re: Stuart Zender
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 03:14:26 PM »
Hmmm. Was he the Stormtrooper playing with Gnarles Barkley at the MTV Movie Awards?

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: Stuart Zender
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 01:24:35 AM »
I don't know, it could be. We all thought it was JMJ, but he wasn't I believe.

In the same mag there's an interview with Jack Bruce about his Bass VI, his Gibsons and his Warwicks. For the reunion tour Cream did some rehearsals with the old stuff: EB3 through Marshalls. But it wasn't any good anymore. It was the only thing in the sixties, but  stuff got better by the years. I don't agree that totally and I would loved to have seen them with the old gear!

I'll try to put some quotes in this thread soon.