Author Topic: Getting old  (Read 13563 times)

nofi

• View Profile
Re: Getting old
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2012, 07:45:54 PM »
i like foghat but it takes a real maniac to endure ten albums.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2012, 05:04:02 PM »
If the (Fog) hat fits... :P ;D

There was something I was going to post about getting old but it's slipped my mind...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

rich briere

• "Do Unto Others"
    • View Profile
    • Rich Briere
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2012, 10:04:03 AM »
I just spent some time reading this thread and I'd like to take just a moment to thank each of you who've posted. Why?  Prior to reading some of these hilarious thoughts it was my opinion that "I" was "OLD"...and perhaps in need of a walker, that chair that you glide up and down staircases with and CUSTOM built, carbon-graphite, nose-hair pullers I once saw on the Home Shopping Network for only three payments of $29.99 each...plus shipping and handling......but I feel MUCH better now.....cuz some of YOU guys are REALLY Ancient.....and that makes me feel MUCH better!!!   8)
I've Always Found it Best to Use MY Name on Things I Write...It Cuts Down on the Confusion...... Bass-ically Yours.......RB

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2012, 10:06:19 AM »
growin' old ain't for sissies. :mrgreen:
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

rich briere

• "Do Unto Others"
    • View Profile
    • Rich Briere
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2012, 10:32:28 AM »
growin' old ain't for sissies. :mrgreen:

It was the references to Wild Hair that made me laugh. Not long ago I went to bed at the usual time.....around 2 am. By 4:30 a single eyebrow hair had gone rogue, grown to a length of 18 inches and was wrapped around my neck like a Boa Constrictor--trying desperately to strangle me as I slept. Fortunately I keep a chain saw under my bed and with a single pull that sucker roared to life and I was able to sever the Grey Beast as it viciously tightened its grip and let loose its own pent up frustrations on my throat.

Sissies stand NO chance in their later years....as it's a FINE line between "The Wisdom Gained ONLY by Aging"....and "Dementia".   ;)
I've Always Found it Best to Use MY Name on Things I Write...It Cuts Down on the Confusion...... Bass-ically Yours.......RB

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2012, 12:06:41 PM »
I've recently started getting the Gold Violin catalogs for products.  I think the end is near, and someone ratted me out.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2012, 02:23:45 PM »
You all crack me up!  Growing old does have its downers, but I'm believing it beats all of the alternatives I can think of off the top of my head!!!!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2012, 03:07:01 PM »
You all crack me up!  Growing old does have its downers, but I'm believing it beats all of the alternatives I can think of off the top of my head!!!!

LOL!  Look at the one who is the optimist of all of us!  Truth be told, I don't mind aging one bit.  I've entered what I now consider to be the best years of my life.  And any day above ground is a good day.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2012, 05:21:09 PM »
My Grandfather use to always leave with the same saying, "You have to keep moving, 'cause once you're in the ground, you're in there for a long time!"
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2012, 10:35:39 PM »
I've recently started getting the Gold Violin catalogs for products.  I think the end is near, and someone ratted me out.

I hadn't heard of that company before, so they must not do general mailings to seniors. Someone must have given them your name.

Just wait until you get near Medicare age.

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2012, 11:39:29 PM »
Today I pulled out the Isley Brother doing Summer Breeze.  You can be any age and love it, but you have to be old to remember it.
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2012, 10:10:38 AM »
You all crack me up!  Growing old does have its downers, but I'm believing it beats all of the alternatives I can think of off the top of my head!!!!

When my dad had gone past his 70th birthday, I once asked him "How does it feel to be 7X?"

His answer:  "A damn sight better than the alternative!"    ;)

I joined AARP the very day I became eligible - and saved $15 on a hotel room that weekend with my temporary card.  Sweeeet.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2012, 11:12:50 AM »
That's it!!!  I love it:  Any day above ground is a good day!!!  Whoohoo!    ;D
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

fur85

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2012, 09:04:14 PM »
My brother likes to say "Today is good, I woke up on the right side of the dirt".

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2012, 04:16:53 PM »
Gosh... just realised School's Out is forty this year... :o
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...