Author Topic: Post Your Music!  (Read 105411 times)

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
Re: Post Your Music!
« Reply #375 on: June 03, 2015, 06:36:09 PM »
Nice.
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
« Reply #376 on: June 04, 2015, 01:43:52 PM »
liking it!
Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 05, 2015, 04:49:16 PM »
Thanks, guys!

wellREDman

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 11, 2015, 11:48:23 PM »
don't know if this is the right place, for this, Mods please move if neccesary

I was inspired to fire up a computer that has lain dormant since 2008 to get this online,

partially out of guilt that I got my claws out when someone mentioned Def Leppard which was not fair on the boys, and especially as someone the posted Love bites video

partially inspired by the other threads about quitting music

This is what I used to do before I "quit " the music industry

this was what was on the screens behind the band on their 2005 greatest hits tour

Its a live video mix using two operated cameras which I was calling, and 5 static Lock-offs, this was layered using two video mixers (one operated via a midi footswitch) with live triggered video loops(the stuff from the music Video) and realtime effects (the lensflares) again all live triggered.

Its a live mix i was most proud of as evidenced by it ending up on my showreel

this is the recorded output of what  went to the screens, the audio is a line out from the sound desk.
 This I think shows that they are soo much better live without all the overproduction of their records, and puts lie to the claim they couldn't  do the harmonizing vocals live.

Also of note is the Coda, Viv Cambell is an amazing guitarist, but he is constrained throughout the show to replicating Steve Clarke's Solos almost note for note. the outro for love Bites is the only place in the show where he is allowed"off the leash" I used to look forward to it as every night for the whole six months, he did a different, amazing , improv solo

enjoy it now as it will probably get taken down by their management :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m50KYJ2Ya3o&feature=youtu.be

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
« Reply #379 on: June 12, 2015, 09:00:28 AM »
I'm not a moderator, but I think "post your music" can include "post your live music video work" :)

Thanks for sharing, that was great. And not many of us have had the chance to have our work enjoyed by 10000 people at once.
If I had done live video for Def Leppard I would probably never shut up about it!

Were you on the 2006 leg of the tour? I think that was when I saw them at Jones Beach with Journey.   Great show.
Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 12, 2015, 12:14:46 PM »
Nice, and technically, still meets the criteria... I only ever saw them as spotty oiks, in support roles, pre Coleen (who I saw a few times with Girl and got a decent set of pics at the Marquee)... Campbell I only saw with Dio...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pekka

• View Profile
    • Riverdog Samson
« Reply #381 on: December 10, 2015, 08:32:57 PM »
Our new album is released the 15th of December so no music yet but a pic of the cd. :) We wanted to release a vinyl with a cd but the pressing plants are overworked so the vinyl has to wait for a little longer.

Music links coming soon.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #382 on: December 11, 2015, 01:16:25 AM »
Looks good!

Pekka

• View Profile
    • Riverdog Samson
« Reply #383 on: December 14, 2015, 12:10:10 PM »
Here's the whole album:
https://soundcloud.com/riverdog-samson/sets/station

Should be on Spotify very soon and of course if anyone is interested in buying a CD I'll be happy to help. Just PM me.

Pekka

• View Profile
    • Riverdog Samson
« Reply #384 on: December 15, 2015, 01:27:42 PM »
A video for "Faces", a slightly deranged surf instrumental from the new album.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #385 on: December 18, 2015, 08:02:21 AM »
Love it!  Great video animation.  :toast:

The song has some elements that remind me of Steve Vai "Little Green Men".
And Rush "YYZ", especially the bass sound (is that Rickenbacker bass you used for this one?).

Pekka

• View Profile
    • Riverdog Samson
« Reply #386 on: December 18, 2015, 09:52:07 AM »
Love it!  Great video animation.  :toast:

The song has some elements that remind me of Steve Vai "Little Green Men".
And Rush "YYZ", especially the bass sound (is that Rickenbacker bass you used for this one?).

No, it's my Tyyster Telecaster (like a '68 Tele) and P-bass for the middle part. There's also some distorted fretless Aria SB700 in the middle ssection and Yamaha CS-5 synth. :)

Ricky was used on this song:
https://soundcloud.com/riverdog-samson/03-north?in=riverdog-samson/sets/station

Which also has some Waterstone TP-2 12-string bass in the end section...

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 19, 2015, 07:41:37 AM »
Great Job Pekka, especially with the fast pickwork on that Faces tune. Cool vid too.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #388 on: December 19, 2015, 08:24:56 AM »
Great Job Pekka, especially with the fast pickwork on that Faces tune. Cool vid too.

Agreed!  I'm really impressed with the playing!  (And the animation, it's really good....)
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Pekka

• View Profile
    • Riverdog Samson
« Reply #389 on: December 19, 2015, 08:48:18 AM »
Agreed!  I'm really impressed with the playing!  (And the animation, it's really good....)

Thanks, though I have to admit that I used a delay for that bass riff and for the whole song. The riff was composed using a delay and is quite impossible to play without one. At least for me. :)

And while we tracked the drums the bass delay was a bit off so I had to overdub all the bass parts except the middle section and play the line without the delay so we could add it later and sync it good to the click track. That took some time and thinking too. :)