Author Topic: 2012 Non Reverse Cataldo Basses  (Read 21483 times)

Shark

• View Profile
Re: 2012 Non Reverse Cataldo Basses
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2012, 01:10:16 PM »
Wow. Really great bass.  :mrgreen:

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2012, 02:12:11 PM »
 She arrived about two hours ago, had to wait a bit till it came up to temperature to open it up. I'll give a snapshot review as I am pressed for time. If you sit down with this bass and close your eyes you would think you have a 60's NR in your hands, it just feels right. Not only that is sounds like a good NR should, full of grit growl and sustain, The pickup is a Thunderbucker Max. Fit and finish are beautiful.  I really like the six bolt neck, hard to tell it from a set neck. Carlos bridge is a pretty nifty piece of work on it's own. I can't wait to take this bass to rehearsal and a gig.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 02:39:48 PM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2013, 09:54:21 AM »
Glad you like it, Jim!  I have around 45 basses worth of paint experience now, the finish work has definitely improved and my current prices reflect that.  The compact headstock definitely helps with balance. 

Since a '66 neck pickup and '63 bridge pup are the same (both for vintage Gibsons and ThunderBuckers), it would be easy to move your neck pickup to the bridge position and have Steve wind a '63 EX5 neck.  That should give you the sound you're looking for.  I'd be happy to do it.

Money has been somewhat of an issue lately since being out of work since 12/15  but some financial things have seemed to actually workout better than expected  for a change so time to get this baby completed.   Carlo can you  have Steve build the needed pickup and i will ship the bass down to you.  It is such a great bass.  Just plays so well. 

Jim
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2013, 10:19:47 AM »

Money has been somewhat of an issue lately since being out of work since 12/15  but some financial things have seemed to actually workout better than expected  for a change so time to get this baby completed.   Carlo can you  have Steve build the needed pickup and i will ship the bass down to you.  It is such a great bass.  Just plays so well. 

Jim

I'd been wondering how you were getting on after the layoff, good to hear things are better than expected.  Hope it works out for the best in the long run.  I'll put in an order with Steve, should take around a month before I get it depending how busy he is. 

Probably make it a little easier if you email me at jaebird@cataldobasses.com.

Nice to know you've enjoyed playing it!