Author Topic: Gibson got raided again today by the Feds  (Read 10674 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Gibson got raided again today by the Feds
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2011, 01:27:07 AM »
Nothing surprises people more than laws actually being enforced.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2011, 05:51:25 AM »

Nothing upsets people more than laws actually being enforced...depending on which laws, who's enforcing them and who's getting caught.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2011, 06:33:13 AM »
Sinners all! I saw it in Henry J's guilty face.

Oh, woe to those who have erred and disobeyed. The Lord will first send great floods to cleanse them of evil, then the Firebird X will rise, with its entrails from hell, to punish those who did not hear, and, finally, the minions of Satan will strike down, taking all wood with them, for he who trusted false prophets shall find no refuge from the wrath of the Good.

On days like these, everything is divulged lucidly before my anointed gaze ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2011, 07:08:41 AM »
IMHO it's a terrible treaty that does little or nothing to solve or ease the problems it's supposed to solve. But that's another story.

No one has shown any evidence that the laws of these countries have been violated. No one from either the Malaysian or Indian governments has claimed that their laws were violated. Gibson claims in both this and the 2009 raid, that they had all their paperwork in order and the full approval of both governments. Since other US companies are openly selling the same products, it's obvious to me that those governments are allowing the products to be legally exported according to their interpretation of their own laws.

Selective enforcement would be bad enough. This is thuggery and theft.

I don't agree with Henry about much, but I'm pleased that he's making lots of noise.

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2011, 10:12:33 AM »
IMHO it's a terrible treaty that does little or nothing to solve or ease the problems it's supposed to solve. But that's another story.

No one has shown any evidence that the laws of these countries have been violated. No one from either the Malaysian or Indian governments has claimed that their laws were violated. Gibson claims in both this and the 2009 raid, that they had all their paperwork in order and the full approval of both governments. Since other US companies are openly selling the same products, it's obvious to me that those governments are allowing the products to be legally exported according to their interpretation of their own laws.

Selective enforcement would be bad enough. This is thuggery and theft.

I don't agree with Henry about much, but I'm pleased that he's making lots of noise.

just for grins and giggles i sent your post to fearless leader
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2011, 10:57:48 AM »
just for grins and giggles i sent your post to fearless leader

In Pottsylvania?

"Badenov, you numbskull!"

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2011, 11:19:15 AM »
it will prolly get pitched, just a few weeks ago i congratulated him for being our first black prez and not getting assassinated and i thought he was looking a little thin and to consult Michelle about getting an extra scoop of potatoes.
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2011, 03:21:09 PM »
We'll see who's innocent after the smoke clears. Often there's fire to go along. The fact that Ric, Ernie Ball or Fender were not raided tells me, no, not that they acted perhaps more diligently, but that they must all be part of some grand conspiracy aimed at bringing Gibson down. The MOSSAD must be involved too, they always are. Obama wants to eradicate Henry J. and his sorry outfit of a company off the face of this earth. The old mahogany hater.

Seriously: Possibly even worse than how Gibson's legal advisors must have handled this is the prep Henry J received from the PR Dep of Gibson when he stepped out on the streets in Nashville to pour insecure derision on the authorities for that raid. A complete F (as in fail) under state-of-the-art modern communication rules. Rather, someone should have scripted for him:

"Yesterday, federal  authorities searched our facilities in ... and ... as part of an investigation under the ... Act. We regret that they did not seek our co-operation earlier in this matter and felt compelled to this measure. Gibson USA has nothing to hide and  an excruciating compliance regime in place to ensure that we only employ in our production wood of 100% doubt-free environmental origin. It is not just something we do, it is something we believe in. If we erred or were misled - we are a business of "only people" -, we are the first who would like to know how and where to make sure it doesn't happen again. As I speak, a task force of inhouse and outside legal counsel is in contact with the authorities offering our unrestricted to ensure that the investigation can continue in full depth and unhampered as long as it takes, yet at the same time with the least interference to our production. Personally, this is not enough for me, we have initiated our own internal investigation. So far, nothing has been revealed that indicates Gibson employees acting anything less than conscientiously in the procurement of our woods, but it is early days. The investigation team, reporting to me, will file progress reports on our website as they occur."

Or something like that. 

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2011, 04:59:49 PM »
We'll see who's innocent after the smoke clears. Often there's fire to go along. The fact that Ric, Ernie Ball or Fender were not raided tells me, no, not that they acted perhaps more diligently, but that they must all be part of some grand conspiracy aimed at bringing Gibson down. The MOSSAD must be involved too, they always are. Obama wants to eradicate Henry J. and his sorry outfit of a company off the face of this earth. The old mahogany hater.

Seriously: Possibly even worse than how Gibson's legal advisors must have handled this is the prep Henry J received from the PR Dep of Gibson when he stepped out on the streets in Nashville to pour insecure derision on the authorities for that raid. A complete F (as in fail) under state-of-the-art modern communication rules. Rather, someone should have scripted for him:

"Yesterday, federal  authorities searched our facilities in ... and ... as part of an investigation under the ... Act. We regret that they did not seek our co-operation earlier in this matter and felt compelled to this measure. Gibson USA has nothing to hide and  an excruciating compliance regime in place to ensure that we only employ in our production wood of 100% doubt-free environmental origin. It is not just something we do, it is something we believe in. If we erred or were misled - we are a business of "only people" -, we are the first who would like to know how and where to make sure it doesn't happen again. As I speak, a task force of inhouse and outside legal counsel is in contact with the authorities offering our unrestricted to ensure that the investigation can continue in full depth and unhampered as long as it takes, yet at the same time with the least interference to our production. Personally, this is not enough for me, we have initiated our own internal investigation. So far, nothing has been revealed that indicates Gibson employees acting anything less than conscientiously in the procurement of our woods, but it is early days. The investigation team, reporting to me, will file progress reports on our website as they occur."

Or something like that.  

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2011, 08:48:12 PM »
it will prolly get pitched, just a few weeks ago i congratulated him for being our first black prez and not getting assassinated and i thought he was looking a little thin and to consult Michelle about getting an extra scoop of potatoes.

Are you trying to get the Secret Service to investigate you?  ???

"Yesterday, federal  authorities searched our facilities in ... and ... as part of an investigation under the ... Act. We regret that they did not seek our co-operation earlier in this matter and felt compelled to this measure. Gibson USA has nothing to hide and  an excruciating compliance regime in place to ensure that we only employ in our production wood of 100% doubt-free environmental origin. It is not just something we do, it is something we believe in. If we erred or were misled - we are a business of "only people" -, we are the first who would like to know how and where to make sure it doesn't happen again. As I speak, a task force of inhouse and outside legal counsel is in contact with the authorities offering our unrestricted to ensure that the investigation can continue in full depth and unhampered as long as it takes, yet at the same time with the least interference to our production. Personally, this is not enough for me, we have initiated our own internal investigation. So far, nothing has been revealed that indicates Gibson employees acting anything less than conscientiously in the procurement of our woods, but it is early days. The investigation team, reporting to me, will file progress reports on our website as they occur."

Or something like that.  

That script and four bucks would get him a Starbucks coffee. I don't think you understand how asset seizure and/or forfeiture has been used in the US in recent years.

I don't think Gibson is being targeted by the government for who they are, or that any competitor reported them. Much more likely that mid or lower level bureaucrats who like to push people around have decided to make their own rules. It happens much more often than most people think. But you never hear about most other cases unless you read white collar law blogs. What makes this case different is that Henry J. is speaking out, and Gibson is an iconic company, so he's getting serious publicity. It may not help, but at this point I don't think it will hurt.

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2011, 09:31:17 PM »
no, the FBI did that when i got my clearances and i think they checked me out again when i told them all to go to he__. they prolly would tell you i am borderline certifiable but a patriot.

this Gibson thing has me bugged. i am sure this type of thing happens more than we know for many reasons, most of which i would guess are political.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 09:54:26 PM by sniper »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2011, 02:32:29 AM »
LOL - I rest my case. I forgot your inborn sense of revolt against authority. Lesser people pay taxes when they get a tax bill and that is that. But you guys cross-dress as indigenous people, raid someone elses ship, chuck foodstuff into the water and then start a war! You yanks are a fascinating bunch ..

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2011, 04:04:32 AM »
LOL - I rest my case. I forgot your inborn sense of revolt against authority. Lesser people pay taxes when they get a tax bill and that is that. But you guys cross-dress as indigenous people, raid someone elses ship, chuck foodstuff into the water and then start a war! You yanks are a fascinating bunch ..

That war like most others in US history (and every other history) was started by and for rich people with the collusion of the uneducated.

fur85

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2011, 05:58:37 AM »
While it's fun to believe in politically motivated government conspiracies, I think this whole Gibson raid business started with an employee tip. Gibson workers seem to hate Henry more than we do.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Gibson-Guitar-Reviews-E6869.htm 

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2011, 06:38:23 AM »
Are you trying to get the Secret Service to investigate you?  ???

Nah, that could only happen in a dictatorship or a communist country.  ;D
Digresion our specialty!