Author Topic: New BaCH bass  (Read 13726 times)

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: New BaCH bass
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 06:29:50 PM »
Man those guys at Bach! Very cool!

Agreed!  If I ever do start playing again, and get the urge for a bass, I know where I'll be looking.  They are great out of the box, and are a nice platform for mods on a budget.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2012, 06:05:24 AM »
I didn't know you quit playing Gary? How's that?

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2012, 08:39:52 AM »
I didn't know you quit playing Gary? How's that?

I'll still play for fun here and there, and I'm doing another album with Kelp in the spring, but no more bands.  My life went through a pretty big change last year.  Not only did I get divorced (which I should have done years ago), but I quit a 25 year drug and drinking habit (caused a lot by a miserable marriage to an abuse, histrionic wife).  I've also noticed that my hands seem to be getting arthritic and it's starting to hurt when I play.  And, if that's not enough, my band chose to betray me and took HER side of things without ever finding out why I left her.  Add to that the fact that I was playing in some bad places, with no following, and Ohio allowing concealed carry in bars, and you can see what the logical choice was.

I've been playing for over 40 years, and have loved every minute of it.  I've just reached a point where I need to have other priorities.  I have found a new lease on life, and am focusing on what means most to me now, my family and dear friends.

Don't worry, though. I'll pop in and wave the Epi freak flag from time to time.   :mrgreen:

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2012, 10:10:43 AM »
I'll be looking for news as it's available...
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2012, 10:18:41 AM »
 Gary, We all wish you the best of luck and look forward to you popping in from time to time.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 03:13:02 PM »
Gary, I knew about the divorce, not about the arthritis and the rest. You know you're welcome here anytime.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2012, 04:29:41 PM »
Thanks, guys!  It's not like I'm leaving this place.  I like the bunch of ya's.  Not many places on the net where any and every discussion can drift smoothly into a rant about tanks, planes and anal sex.  I just have reached the point where it's time to give up playing the bass in a band setting.  Music hasn't left my life, just my need to express it.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2012, 05:13:02 PM »
Wow... and I think I got problems...

All the best from the (cobweb laden) shed...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2012, 09:29:04 PM »
Thanks, guys!  It's not like I'm leaving this place.  I like the bunch of ya's.  Not many places on the net where any and every discussion can drift smoothly into a rant about tanks, planes and anal sex.  I just have reached the point where it's time to give up playing the bass in a band setting.  Music hasn't left my life, just my need to express it.

That's good to hear. I have no intention or need to be in a band again either (though it could always happen), that doesn't stop me from playing and enjoying it.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2012, 11:23:50 PM »
Gary, I too get a bit of arthritis in my hands and the top joint on my little finger (left hand) now doesn't straighten properly. I've modified my playing to suit (a bit) but what I find strange in the best possible way is that the more I play the less painful my hands are over a given period of time. I know everyone is different but ... just sayin'.
I would guess that the changes in your life are probably a bigger issue to you atm. I can understand your new focus. Best of luck with it mate.
Digresion our specialty!

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2012, 01:34:33 AM »
Best wishes mate, another solo artist here :D
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2012, 04:14:49 AM »
Good luck in all you wanna do, Gary! And thank you for good advices that you've shared with me. I suppose - and hope - we'll be seeing a lot of you in the LBO also in coming days!

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2012, 04:37:29 AM »
I had no idea that your life has been changing so drastically for you.
Hang on there man! We need you here

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2012, 07:04:28 AM »
Ditto, we need Gary here!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2012, 09:01:20 AM »
I too have the arthritis, but I find that playing actually helps it...it hurts at first, but then loosens up.

I'm in Cincinnati...I didn't know Ohio allowed concealed carry in bars...doesn't leave you feeling warm and fuzzy.