Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

Music videos that feature EB0 to EB4 and SG variant basses...

<< < (265/267) > >>

saltymonkey:

westen44:

--- Quote from: uwe on March 27, 2024, 04:59:02 PM ---Oh, I really like that! Bit like an over-ecstatic Chrissie Hynde. And it's always nice to hear a chick play solos who does not sound like a man while doing it.

--- End quote ---

I read that she has been playing guitar for quite a while.  As for Chrissie Hynde, I liked her okay.  But I would prefer more of a rock voice like the April Art singer for this Nashville band.  Anyway, considering that Nashville is so competitive, this Gloom Girl MFG seems to be doing well.  In Nashville it seems that rock is more underground and is even geared more toward young people than most other places.  Even though I could, I doubt seriously I would go to a Gloom Girl concert.  Definitely wouldn't fit in.  Besides, like I said, the music is probably a little too post-punk for me anyway.

gearHed289:

--- Quote from: westen44 on March 27, 2024, 12:12:51 PM ---This is a band which seems to be achieving some local success at small venues.  Still, I didn't even know about them until I saw this video with a Gibson bass.  They're a little too post-punk pop rock for my taste.  But I genuinely wish them success and maybe they will get it, too.
  https://www.spin.com/2023/07/gloom-girl-mfg-nashville-interview/

--- End quote ---

I dug that. Singer is good, band is high energy, the tune is good. Probably the first time I've seen one of those LP DC basses in a real video.

westen44:

--- Quote from: gearHed289 on March 28, 2024, 07:30:35 AM ---I dug that. Singer is good, band is high energy, the tune is good. Probably the first time I've seen one of those LP DC basses in a real video.

--- End quote ---

Like I said, it was the Gibson bass which got my attention.  I watched several more of their videos and the LP DC tribute bass is prominent in them, too.  As for the band itself, I honestly wish I liked them a little more.  Because I do think they're worthy of consideration.  But there are so many bands I'm trying to keep up with now.  Plus, I'm buying too many CDs lately and trying to cut down a little.  I haven't even listened to all the CDs I already have. 

4stringer77:
North Korea makes pretty good music but they can't top Up With People. EB-0 at 1:20 here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version