Author Topic: Music videos that feature EB0 to EB4 and SG variant basses...  (Read 165002 times)

saltymonkey

• View Profile
Re: Music videos that feature EB0 to EB4 and SG variant basses...
« Reply #1320 on: March 27, 2024, 07:38:52 PM »

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: March 27, 2024, 09:11:38 PM »
Oh, I really like that! Bit like an over-ecstatic Chrissie Hynde. And it's always nice to hear a chick play solos who does not sound like a man while doing it.

I read that she has been playing guitar for quite a while.  As for Chrissie Hynde, I liked her okay.  But I would prefer more of a rock voice like the April Art singer for this Nashville band.  Anyway, considering that Nashville is so competitive, this Gloom Girl MFG seems to be doing well.  In Nashville it seems that rock is more underground and is even geared more toward young people than most other places.  Even though I could, I doubt seriously I would go to a Gloom Girl concert.  Definitely wouldn't fit in.  Besides, like I said, the music is probably a little too post-punk for me anyway.
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #1322 on: March 28, 2024, 07:30:35 AM »
This is a band which seems to be achieving some local success at small venues.  Still, I didn't even know about them until I saw this video with a Gibson bass.  They're a little too post-punk pop rock for my taste.  But I genuinely wish them success and maybe they will get it, too.
  https://www.spin.com/2023/07/gloom-girl-mfg-nashville-interview/

I dug that. Singer is good, band is high energy, the tune is good. Probably the first time I've seen one of those LP DC basses in a real video.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: March 28, 2024, 08:58:27 AM »
I dug that. Singer is good, band is high energy, the tune is good. Probably the first time I've seen one of those LP DC basses in a real video.

Like I said, it was the Gibson bass which got my attention.  I watched several more of their videos and the LP DC tribute bass is prominent in them, too.  As for the band itself, I honestly wish I liked them a little more.  Because I do think they're worthy of consideration.  But there are so many bands I'm trying to keep up with now.  Plus, I'm buying too many CDs lately and trying to cut down a little.  I haven't even listened to all the CDs I already have. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 25, 2024, 06:24:05 AM »
North Korea makes pretty good music but they can't top Up With People. EB-0 at 1:20 here.

Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: April 25, 2024, 10:19:03 PM »
That was dreadful.

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: April 26, 2024, 01:33:13 AM »
All that lead in the fuel, paint and water pipes had a profound impact on people back then.

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: April 26, 2024, 07:39:18 AM »
Sure it's corny but that guy got a pretty good tone from his EB-0. It stood right out in that big mix of singers and instruments.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: April 26, 2024, 10:14:58 AM »
That was dreadful.

And creepy. There is nothing more unsettling than ordained joy and happiness. It reminded me of The Book of Mormon musical somehow ... and lool & behold:

The creators of The Book of Mormon, a musical that satirizes the latter-day saint movement, cited Up with People as an inspiration for the cartoonishly joyous style of several of the songs in their musical performance, which sends up the clean-cut image of Mormon culture.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 10:56:58 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #1329 on: April 26, 2024, 12:10:02 PM »
Uwe, you put words to something I've felt for a long time. It's very creepy indeed when people are forced or intimidated "group thinked" into performance. I've never trusted it, and that's one reason I tend to shrink from musical performance at churches or religious ceremonies. It's too close to a form of propaganda. But I do attend the Christmas concert at a church when a number of my friends play in the band, as it's sufficiently non-specific-dominational enough for me to enjoy it.

"I’ve never understood how God could expect his creatures to pick the one true religion by faith—it strikes me as a sloppy way to run an organization, whether a universe or a smaller one." - Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land

“Come Judgment Day, we may find that Mumbo Jumbo the God of the Congo was the Big Boss all along.” - Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: April 26, 2024, 01:49:35 PM »
And creepy. There is nothing more unsettling than ordained joy and happiness. It reminded me of The Book of Mormon musical somehow ... and lool & behold:

The creators of The Book of Mormon, a musical that satirizes the latter-day saint movement, cited Up with People as an inspiration for the cartoonishly joyous style of several of the songs in their musical performance, which sends up the clean-cut image of Mormon culture.

Up With People was definitely a pseudo-religious cult.