Author Topic: NR Bird on Ebay  (Read 2118 times)

Johnbob

• View Profile

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Re: NR Bird on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 04:41:26 AM »
Yeah but...If the neck needs to be reset...and the back was oversprayed.....not worth what he is asking.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 05:55:22 AM »
 Glad it's not a II. Why reset the neck? I'd leave it as is. To bad he oversprayed the back of the neck.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

JazzBassTbird

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 06:47:44 AM »
That is me, gentlemen...

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 07:18:03 AM »
BUY IT!!!

JazzBassTbird

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 07:51:03 AM »

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 09:55:29 AM »
If I had a job...and maybe some money...I'd buy it...and have the neck reset. Looks nice. Some of those early NR's had this problem. The white one that Tom Petersson has was also mine and when I got it, it was Candy apple red and needed a neck reset because it had no pitch to it. Plus it had a crack by the E tuner. After all that work was done, It played and sounded great!!! Ask Tom!! He's got 4 of my old basses!!

JazzBassTbird

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 04:41:47 PM »
If I had a job...and maybe some money...I'd buy it...and have the neck reset. Looks nice. Some of those early NR's had this problem. The white one that Tom Petersson has was also mine and when I got it, it was Candy apple red and needed a neck reset because it had no pitch to it. Plus it had a crack by the E tuner. After all that work was done, It played and sounded great!!! Ask Tom!! He's got 4 of my old basses!!
That's it in a nutshell...the job thing. Lot of that going around, of course, and it rolls downhill.

Interesting about the C.A.R.. T-Bird. I think Gibson's name for that color was Sparkling Bugundy. Usually the back of the neck was natural on S.B. instruments.  I've seen A '66 Flying V, EB-2, several Melody Makers and M.M. basses in that color. It makes total sense that Gibson would have made some Firebirds and T Birds in that color, but I've never seen one. I don't think it was an official 'Bird color, so it'd be rare. Must've been a cool bass!

kebo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 09:25:14 AM »
Hey Bill - I hope you enjoyed the bird...  Guys - this bass has "that" tone...  For Bill to move a 'Bird, he had to have found something even deadlier...  Soooo, Bill, fest up, whachu buyin..  LOL

BAZ - Did you see my Tbird article in Premier, you're in it..

Ray - Did you see the pix? Theyre your basses...

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 09:38:17 AM »
Bill, that Candy NR IV T bird bass was a refin. I stripped it, repaired the crack by the E tuner, had my retired guitar repair guy Steve Dvorak reset the neck with a Pitch, then I painted it Polaris with real Dupont Acrylic Lacquer. Somehow...Tom ended up with it. I have pictures to verify that. He also owns my Kerry Green one, My NR Korina 8 string and I bel;eive a white refin reliced with white headstock thunderbird II.
  Kevin, thanks for mentioning me,Bro!!! Love those birds!!!! You should hear my Hamer T bird 8 string with the single  9.7K chrome 60's Pickup!!!  Ultimate Freight train tone.

JazzBassTbird

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 01:14:40 PM »
OIC.

JazzBassTbird

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 11:03:54 AM »
Hey Bill - I hope you enjoyed the bird...  Guys - this bass has "that" tone...  For Bill to move a 'Bird, he had to have found something even deadlier...  Soooo, Bill, fest up, whachu buyin..  LOL

BAZ - Did you see my Tbird article in Premier, you're in it..

Ray - Did you see the pix? Theyre your basses...
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Kevin! I did enjoy it...am still enjoying it, in fact!

Nah, not buying anything, just thinning the herd...

Shark

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 10:58:07 PM »
You should hear my Hamer T bird 8 string with the single  9.7K chrome 60's Pickup!!!  Ultimate Freight train tone.

Love To See pics, Baz  :mrgreen: