Author Topic: What the...?  (Read 2550 times)

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
Re: What the...?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 04:47:30 AM »
The tuners look appropriate for an early Thunderbird, the pickup has "Gibson" molded into it. The hardware may have some value to it, but I'd want the seller to keep the wood.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 04:56:54 AM »
The tuners look appropriate for an early Thunderbird, the pickup has "Gibson" molded into it. The hardware may have some value to it, but I'd want the seller to keep the wood.
Maybe burn it as an offering to the god of luthiery.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 05:10:44 PM »
All it needs is a revolutionary internal circuit that models other basses, and a Steve Jobs type press conference to introduce it to the world.

But then you couldn't use it to cover anything played by FLASH Cadillac....
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 04:16:13 AM »
What, you guys didn't know about the Henry J signature bass?
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

OVERDRIVEN66

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 08:39:04 AM »
Just get yourself a trashed entry level 80s Pacific Rim import bass, add a Gibson neck plate and a possibly working Gibson pickup, and voilĂ ! Instant Gibson!
This guy listed it in the wrong category....Do they have a 'firewood' category?  BTW, where can I find a Gibson neckplate? I don't think I have ever seen one......LOL
Former touring professional. 60's T-Birds 300 days a year on the road with an SVT. Bliss!!