Author Topic: happy birthyear  (Read 2126 times)

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
happy birthyear
« on: May 05, 2011, 04:14:22 PM »
to all my friends and especially to all the lying low life subhumans out there if we should ever meet again:

HAPPY 25th BIRTHYEAR GLOCK US and thank you for the marketing of over 450,000 nice little machines worldwide.
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

nofi

• View Profile
Re: happy birthyear
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 04:32:01 PM »
THIS could get political in a hurry. :rolleyes:
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 04:38:07 PM »
i never intended to make it be so
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 07:44:14 PM »
I'm a bit more of a fan of Messrs. Smith & Wesson, 149 years old this annum.

Glocks are very serviceable but rather plasticky to my touch. My Model 39 S&W was the best semi-auto I've ever used. Been trying to buy it back from my younger brother for years.

To each his own!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:18:54 PM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

birdie

• Trying hard to be the person my dog thinks I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 08:01:14 AM »
Browning  hipower
Fleet Guitars

Basshappi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 05:25:42 PM »
I am a dyed-in-the-wool wheelgunner. I have two autoloaders  and love 1911 and Hi-Power style pistols but I have never been a fan of Glocks. The grip angle has always turned me off. I can certainly run one if I have to, but there are enough other configs out there (especially the XD) that fit me better.

Glocks are certainly very good, reliable weapons and have a very good operational record. I have to admit however that I get very turned off by the rabid, kool-aid drinking fanbois, but then I dislike that no matter what brand is involved.

Just like basses, use what you love.

Cheers!
Nothing is what it seems but everthing is exactly what it is.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 06:02:05 PM »
All I have to say about firearms is.  I can make big holes.........................and lots of little holes.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Basshappi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 06:37:02 PM »
All I have to say about firearms is.  I can make big holes.........................and lots of little holes.

Buck-n-ball is cool isn't it. :D

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 10:02:23 AM »
Another wheelgunner here. I've never found a semi-auto I like better than my Diamondback .38 or S&W Model 28. Even that Smith Model 39 I mentioned earlier takes a back seat.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Basshappi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 10:33:54 AM »
My faves are my S&W M19s, I have a 6" and a 2.5"(which is my regular CCW piece). I am looking to add either a 42 or 39 and I very much desire a 6.5" Model 29, guess I'll add a shoulder holster to my collection when that one finally comes home! :D

I also have a few single actions and will defnitely get a few more eventually, nothing handles like a SA.

I also want a HI-Power in the collection.

I am also a fan of lever action rifles.

Guess I'm just old school. :D

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 12:48:07 PM »
i have always owned lots of guns even though i'm a firm supporter of gun contol. i'm currently down to six rifles and two ruger sa revolvers. rifle calibers run from .223 to .308. all have leoupold optics except the marlin lever gun in .45-.70. strictly a target shooter, no hunting. in the past i have owned a colt ar 15 but imo assault rifles are expensive to shoot and expensive to buy. they serve no purpose that a good shotgun can't fill, any how.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 12:54:34 PM by nofi »

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 01:56:05 PM »
I'm sure that if it were a duty weapon I'd have no problem with a Glock; by reputation they're well made and reliable, and a few hundred rounds through anything is enough to be well introduced.

Both my Diamondback and Model 28 are 4" barrel, which I have found to be a good general purpose length.  Since the Model 28 is that big N-frame, it's almost too big for my hands.  I use the Pachmayr rubber grips that don't cover the backstrap, as I can't afford to have the grips move my hand farther away from the trigger.

I have an S&W Model 34 ("Kit Gun") in .22, and it's very nice for practice.  I also inherited my dad's late 40's Colt Officer's Model in 6" bbl and .22 caliber.  It's beautifully made - you have to turn it in the light to see the joints between pieces of the frame.  Fantastic fit.

And when I want to to say "what the hell", I have a 3-screw Ruger Blackhawk with 7.5" bbl.  Nice handgun!

I do have a nice little Llama XV .22 semi-auto and a 1960's Ruger Mark II that are fun for plinking around. 

And some rifles.  Dang, I keep accumulating stuff.

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2011, 02:22:14 PM »
my colt detective .38 snubbie was one of the few that held 6 rounds. the smith and wesson and taurus only hold 5. i have had a colt gov. model .45 race gun where the only original part was the frame. also a browning hipower.  i don't like double action semi autos at all. trigger pull is just weird. i prefer revolvers over all.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2011, 03:49:01 PM »
Nothing to report from the UK, unless you run drugs or wear a uniform...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2011, 04:12:53 PM »
i wish the same were true here but...