Author Topic: Jaguar Shorty  (Read 7296 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: Jaguar Shorty
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2011, 12:29:57 PM »
I love it!  I might have to have just one.  Man, cool little bass.  Much better styling than the mustang reissues.
Bill they have two at the HOG. Nice little bass, geeze for the price you can't go wrong.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2011, 05:14:10 PM »
Just ordered Labella 760FL-S flats for mine!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

johnk

• View Profile
    • JohnK Custom Basses
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2011, 01:11:31 AM »
I just picked up a Jaguar Bass . Burst finish.MIJ. very versitile sounds . active non active etc. Nice looker . wish I had waited for the shorty.

i originally wanted a burst jag, and would love to have one to go with my heavily modded black one. (i wouldn't mind having a 'shorty' too). when i was looking for one, all i could find was black (which i dig) and hot rod red (which i don't).
here's a pic of mine as she sits now.

mods: one piece maple block/bound neck, dimarzio ultrajazz bass pickups with modded (radiused) pole pieces, EMG BTC (bass & treble peamp) running on 18V, USA AV RI bridge & knobs, CTS pots, switchraft jack, res-o-lite tuning keys, and all slide switches lowered 1/8".

all of the mods are explained here: http://johnkvintageguitars.homestead.com/Jaguar-Bass.html