Author Topic: 1966 NR Thunderbird - searching for info and opinions  (Read 4991 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: 1966 NR Thunderbird - searching for info and opinions
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 03:28:27 PM »
I'm torn as to what to do with the '67. She started out as a II and someone hacked in the Bill Lawrence pup. Right now the bass goes to every gig I would hate to take it out of the line up for a full restoration and the way things are going a original finish tobacco sunburst is in danger of becoming a rarity. I know I could route her for another Tbird pup but I like IIs and I'll just be removing more material from the bass and as a preservationist that just rubs me the wrong way. Anyway it is a great sounding and playing bass.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 05:35:18 PM »
I considered buying that Gold NR from CME before I bought my 65' sunburst Thunderbird II from Olivia's. They told me: The original colour was gold Mist Poly, the original owner refinned it because it was checking. Non original tuners and bridge. And of course what Scott said about the guard. I couldn't justify $3300.00 for it so I backed out. i didn't even bother to go see it becuase kevin Borden told me about My '65 II at Olivia's and I was sold on that!!!!

Johnbob

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 01:37:38 AM »
I can't see the pics that you posted of the gold bird but for some reason I can see the pics of the tobacco burst bass. What gives?

Tyrellp34

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 01:55:51 AM »
My '69 and '67

Damn. Pictures like this aren’t helping my NR GAS!!  :)

Sent my bid to the seller just now, let’s wait and see if he likes it or not..... 

Tyrellp34

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 02:04:49 AM »
I can't see the pics that you posted of the gold bird but for some reason I can see the pics of the tobacco burst bass. What gives?

That’s strange. I guess the difference is that I attached the pictures to my post while GOT inserted a link to his pictures.

Tyrellp34

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 12:21:31 AM »
As expected, the seller did not accept my bid. I am willing to increase but seems like he’s not interested. He’s very resolute and will not sell for anything less then $3500, guess I have to find some place else to put my money…… otherwise I might get stuck with them.