Author Topic: IPad  (Read 1475 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
IPad
« on: March 24, 2011, 07:26:43 AM »
My brother gave me an iPad:) Trying it out now:)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: IPad
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 08:21:06 PM »
We should be getting a half dozen at work to test with our distance courses. Hopefully they won't reinforce my Mac ignorance. I habla PC but not so much Mac.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 09:46:11 PM »
Nice brother!
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 09:14:37 PM »
I mentioned that if we're getting iPads we should also pick up a Xoom or two for testing on the Droid platform.  There are a number of interesting tablets coming out this spring, and some of us feel that they're the future delivery tool for distance ed.

I especially want to see how many sites have problems on the iPad because of Apple's stubborn refusal to run Flash.  I know the promo videos on our university website are all Flash, although the format we use to deliver class recordings is generally WMV, but that's playable on Macs with a free plug-in.

http://www.tabletpcreview.com/ has a lot of info and lists numerous tablets spanning at least 7 operating systems.

Hey, Chris P....NICE gift!  Enjoy!  You're riding the next wave, friend.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 10:08:14 PM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 10:00:51 PM »
Congrats- nice gift!  One of my teammates at work has one that I've tried- its slick.

I just got my first Mac ever from work last week (laptop), and I'm digging it!  Of course, if I ever run screaming from my place of employment then I'll presumably have to give it back... but it'll be fun while it lasts  ;D

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 11:56:54 PM »
I want one! Saw an iPad today for just $329 in a pawn shop.

Keep us posted about how ya like yours, willya?

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 01:05:21 AM »
I wil. I love it. Very handy. I'm installing all kind of virtual drum computers and Moogs now:)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 07:53:59 AM »
As soon as I get my hands on one, I want to see how I can use it in classrooms as a tool for profs to present info while drawing freehand over the image.  That would be a real plus.  I assume I'll have to hunt up some drawing software.  We're currently using an HP 2740p touch-screen tablet with a swivel/fold screen to demo to faculty.

I just need to get these stone-age faculty off the white board and get them started drawing on a touch-sensitive computer screen.  Talk about resistance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!