Author Topic: 2011 Movies  (Read 5243 times)

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Re: 2011 Movies
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 02:47:47 PM »
SuckerPunch ROCKS!!! Two thumbs up & somethin' else up too! Those chicks are INSANEly Red Hot!!!!!
Get it? INSANEly haha haaaaaaa

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 01:33:00 AM »
I am still not really sure how I feel about Sucker Punch. The design was absolutely amazing and the girls were really hot. On the other hand, I started to get bored with the fight scenes that spent half their time in slow motion. Most fights seemed to have no stakes at all since the characters were all extremely proficient in eliminating the enemies.

Also, I recommend seeing Paul. I saw it a couple weeks ago and was greatly amused by it.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 04:33:56 AM »
My son saw Sucker Punch & hated it. Said it was boring horrible plot & dialogue, boring after a while.

I saw Paul & enjoyed it, not great, but entertaining & witty.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 05:09:30 AM »
I am still not really sure how I feel about Sucker Punch. The design was absolutely amazing and the girls were really hot. On the other hand, I started to get bored with the fight scenes that spent half their time in slow motion. Most fights seemed to have no stakes at all since the characters were all extremely proficient in eliminating the enemies.

Also, I recommend seeing Paul. I saw it a couple weeks ago and was greatly amused by it.

The fight scenes in Sucker Punch, while pretty cool, didn't seem to have any real connection to the movie.  The "fantasy" dance idea was pretty weak.  It was as if they made two different movies, and ran out of money on both, and tried to splice them together.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 07:51:29 AM »
Local reviews say:

- Eye candy is its only strength
- No plot
- Little coherence
- Designed to make a video game

Not inclined to spend $ on it.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 11:41:31 AM »
Local reviews say:

- Eye candy is its only strength
- No plot
- Little coherence
- Designed to make a video game

Not inclined to spend $ on it.

Yup.  That sums it up.  They should have mentioned a good soundtrack, though.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 06:03:33 AM »
Now for the Chimp lovers out there-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqyKYrDta_E&feature=player_embedded

They never did find that chimp that escaped from California.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 06:48:06 AM »
About time that a good remake was made. This at least looks promising.

Tim Burton has made great films, but the Planet of the Apes 2001 remake wasn't among them, he failed abysmally on that, as if the subject was jinxed for him. The apes looked great, some ape characters were portrayed nicely and getting Charlton Heston in his five minute cameo as the dying Über-ape

to give an anti-gun rant was great irony, but for most of the time the film floundered with the storyline not flowing at all. Great chance wasted.

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 07:18:06 AM »
I enjoyed "Sucker Punch". The soundtrack was good and I really liked the way old and modern things were interspersed into the same scenes, like the B-25 and the dragon, the modern weapons into the WWI scenes, etc. The girls were damn hot and although it may have seemed like a video game-esque film I got a kick out of it.
Sure it had slow motion fight scenes but I didn't find them any more annoying that any of the other 5 billion movies since "The Matrix" which was filled with slo-mo fight scenes.

Doesn't anyone ever punch anyone like Clint Eastwood punched people in "Every Which Way But Loose"?
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 04:02:24 PM »
Right turn Denis... ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 07:14:46 AM »
We saw Thor on Mother's Day. It was actually pretty enjoyable, funny, enough action & never took itself seriously. Chris Hemsworth made the movie. Great it's not but if you're a Marvel geek it was fun even though they deviated from the original story.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2011, 06:00:48 AM »
Last night the gf and I went to see "Super 8". It was surprisingly enjoyable and entertaining. Filming the movie as a 1979 period piece worked well, especially since I was about the same age as the kids in the movie (I was 15 in 1979). Most movies with child stars are annoying because the parts are written so that the kids seem much smarter than the parents (which may be true) and the kids play the parts with too much gung-ho. This movie was different because the kids each had flaws and baggage and were much more believable.

The main kid in the movie built lots of model kits like I did around the time and considering the time, it made me nostalgic for the '70s when we could hop on our bikes and ride around and  stay up late building models!

Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2011, 04:18:35 PM »
Seeing Pirates on Sunday...

There are a frightening amount of movies coming up...

We'll probably see Green Lantern and Transformers, not forgetting wrapping up the Harry Potter set...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2011, 06:25:18 PM »
My son, who is a BIG Green Lantern fan says that he won't even bother with the movie. For the kind of money they spent, he doesn't even think the graphics cut it.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2011, 07:35:06 PM »
Just got back from Green Lantern.  I really enjoyed it!  Hey, it's a COMIC BOOK!!!  It's not supposed to be Patton or The Sound of Music.  (And Gweimer, I'll bet I was following Green Lantern before your son was even born.  Tell him to chill.)

Story followed the comic book line reasonably well, great special effects, enough action to go around - I thought it was fun, and they set it up for a sequel.  I'll go see it if the sequel comes out.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."