Author Topic: Genesis, Daryl Steurmer playing an RD bass  (Read 1044 times)

Blazer

Genesis, Daryl Steurmer playing an RD bass
« on: April 16, 2008, 06:24:57 PM »
Well I made myself the owner of the "Six hours live" boxset and have been enjoying a lot of high quality music and equally high quality playing.

And then I saw Daryl Steurmer playing a Blonde RD Bass during the "And then there were three" tour of 1978, which was the first tour he was employed as a bassplayer for the tracks where Mike Rutherford would play guitar and as a guitarplayer to fill in where Steve Hackett would play.

Sad to say that I can't find a picture of him with the RD. He got a pretty good sound from it.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: Genesis, Daryl Steurmer playing an RD bass
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 11:37:46 PM »
I always like Daryl as a guitar player.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 03:12:07 AM »
Given that he was a one time member of Jean Luc Ponty's band too, he might have picked up on the qualities of an RD via Ralphe Armstrong. They were band buddies with Ponty in 1977, before Stuermer was enticed to join the Genesis touring line up.

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 04:15:06 PM »
There was some wonderful footage of Daryl Stuermer with Ponty (and Steve Smith, Tom Fowler, and Allan Zavod) from a 1976-ish concert up on Youtube.  They were playing stuff from Imaginary Voyage.  Of course I can't find it there now- it probably got pulled (I did manage to save a copy though  :-X).

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 08:25:27 PM »
I looked for that DVD today - haven't heard anything about it - can you say something about it? I've got the first recent boxset that they put out, has some amazing concert footage...