Author Topic: 4001s rock!  (Read 1205 times)

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
4001s rock!
« on: November 12, 2010, 07:01:35 AM »
The other day I was thinking about my '76 and wondering why I always thought about playing but kept picking up the Fenderbird instead, so I decided to try some things.

First, I removed the pickup cover so I could use the ring as a thumb rest. That helped but I wasn't there yet. Next I adjusted the strap so it sat much higher on my body than before. Big help! Still not there though, because I couldn't find a satisfactory position for playing with fingers.

So, since I started learning on a pick, I decided to go back to it and give it a whirl on the 4001. Using the bridge as more of a hand rest, it was SO much easier to play with a pick.

By now I was thoroughly excited and pushed the Fender back into the other room and pulled out the Coliseum which resides on top of the Sunn 4x12. I cranked her up and OH MAN! did it sound great! I noticed for the first time (since the bass was sitting higher on my body than before) how much that sucker vibrates right down into my gut. It was freaking awesome!

I'm now in love with the Sunn/Ric setup!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

warriorbass05

• View Profile
    • Bass Tunes
Re: 4001s rock!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 07:51:18 AM »
that has ALWAYS been a good setup!
Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses   www.spectorbass.com
 Bluesman Vintage Basses
www.bluesmanvintage.com

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
Re: 4001s rock!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 08:31:23 AM »
I'm now in love with the Sunn/Ric setup!

What's not to like?  ;D