Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

My Grabber

(1/4) > >>

tore00:
This is my Grabber that I completed with the help of Shadowcastaz who sold me tuners, bridge, and string holder

It all original except the pickup that is an Humbucker that I winded manually at 8k,  wiring harness, neck plate, decal, strap holders, knobs, bridge cover and screws.
Former owner stripped the neck, and I preferred to give it some wax and not refinish. The neck is from 1975 (99XXXXXX serial code) and the seller of the body (well reliced) told me that is a 1974.

It is a very nice light bass, the pickup slides well (I got the sliding plate from greatdealz) and is amazing how the tone changes in upper and lower position.

uwe:
A road warrior!

Iome:
Bella lì, you finally got all the pieces to finish it. I still miss my old Grabber, great bass.
If your not satisfied with the pickup you could always throw in one of those TB+ pickups on Ebay. It'll be like the Grabber II with a bold on neck.

tore00:
I was thinking to do that, but the satsfaction to play with a pickup done by myself has no price. I winded several by hands, and frankly this is not the best I did, but I will replace only with an original one

shadowcastaz:
 :mrgreen:Lookin Good! Im glad your happy with it so far>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version