Author Topic: If I ever win the lotto................. 1953 EB-1  (Read 8840 times)

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
Re: If I ever win the lotto................. 1953 EB-1
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 09:36:34 AM »
Uwe just can't escape from this kind of stuff.
Don’t be stupid, be a smartie - come and join die schwarze Hardware party!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 09:45:49 AM »
Mediterranean fruit vendors under the control of Red China should really keep out of this.  :popcorn:

It occurs to me that we haven't had a thread so far that managed to combine collective fetish fantasies, WW II AND toys. Jim has rectified that sorry state of affairs single-handedly with his last post and we all owe him a big thanks. This is the nearest thing I could find to Sheryl Crow in WW II regalia giving oral sex to a Heinkel 111 model toy (akin to Fräulein Rommel in stage gear whipping a Märklin train in splinter camouflage):

May I venture something private here? I think Scarlett is hot. Even without a mock SS uniform. L-l-l-lascivious was invented for her. And she has a beautiful non-singers voice, kind of early Debby Harry, Lee Hazlewood could have done great things with her, but this is excellent too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCx5sOj7SlA&feature=related

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 10:09:58 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 11:22:19 AM »
May I venture something private here? I think Scarlett is hot. Even without a mock SS uniform. L-l-l-lascivious was invented for her. And she has a beautiful non-singers voice, kind of early Debby Harry, Lee Hazlewood could have done great things with her, but this is excellent too:

I agree: Scarlett is hot!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2010, 11:25:49 AM »
Hotter than Sheryl Crow.  And she was not too bad about 15 years ago.  I picture them both with this:

Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 11:39:34 AM »
Jim is advocating a three-, no, even foursome with a Siamese twin Henkel - perversion reaches new heights (or lows) here every day.  :o

OTOH: If it makes you happy ...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 11:45:26 AM by uwe »

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2010, 12:21:43 PM »
Mediterranean fruit vendors under the control of Red China should really keep out of this.  :popcorn:

It occurs to me that we haven't had a thread so far that managed to combine collective fetish fantasies, WW II AND toys. Jim has rectified that sorry state of affairs single-handedly with his last post and we all owe him a big thanks. This is the nearest thing I could find to Sheryl Crow in WW II regalia giving oral sex to a Heinkel 111 model toy (akin to Fräulein Rommel in stage gear whipping a Märklin train in splinter camouflage):

I think I'm in love!  ;)

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 12:56:13 PM »
See? Like I told you there is hope for Sister Brother Mark yet, some conditions can be rectumfied.  :mrgreen:

http://www.totallytom.com/thecureforgayness.html

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 01:24:42 PM »
See? Like I told you there is hope for Sister Brother Mark yet, some conditions can be rectumfied.  :mrgreen:

http://www.totallytom.com/thecureforgayness.html

Let's keep me girlie..................... ;)

I was sproingky at the thought of what the blonde lovely in the uniform could do to me
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 02:25:22 PM »
A Colorectal Consultant Surgeon bought my old '68 Marshall... I could always forward your case to him if circumstances change...

Anyway, the only person with a mouth wide enough to handle that Heinkel that I can think of would be Julia Roberts...

The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

rockinrayduke

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 03:14:01 PM »
Is an old EB-1 even worth a crap playing wise? never tried one, not even a RI.

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 03:23:39 PM »
I like my RI, but have never tried an origional. I imagine it will feel similar to my '59 EB-2 with one of the last of the single coil pickups. That pickup must have one of the most massive coils ever installed in a production bass!
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 03:56:22 PM »
Has anyone ever seen Terry and Treena in the same place at the same time?
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 04:10:24 PM »
treena, that was fun. :rolleyes:
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 04:10:47 PM »
Wow. This is veering back and forth.

An original EB is a pleasure to play.  We have had several threads on them, but they do differ from the later variant on several key points.  They will share a general tonality and output when compared to an early EB2 with the same single coil pup, but none of my early EB2s were the same in terms of the weight and tonality/mass/sustain, etc.  My EB(1) was a 56, and the massive chunk of mahogany in the body and the very wide chunky neck ( noticeably different from my Gibson basses from 57, 58, 59 and 60 which gradually thin down the taper to be close to the mid 60s type) was a great feeling bass. The most significant aspect of it that we have talked about before here was the density of the mahogany, which I used a knock test to compare.  You take your knuckle and knock on the body and neck, then compare that to your average EB-0 or EB-3.  It is a harder, denser wood and has a sharper tone when you give it a knock. We have bandied about the ideas of Cuban mahogany, or just older growth wood that Gibson was using in the 50s.  The 60s and up basses tend to have a softer spongier wood.  So take that and the idea that the body on these things is just a big massive chunk of tree, and you have a really fun bass.  I don't mind the old close enough bridge but I didn't give half a damn on that thing.  Even the 50s bridges are different than the later ones - big skull-crushing chunks of cast nickel.  While it never was as big a deal as the old Precision, enough people played them back then, with Little Richard's bass player being the biggest in my mind.  Of course JPJ and Jack Bruce later on too.

Julia Roberts could deep throat a Packard.  That is a honking big mouth.  She never did too much for me though, so I would stick with Scarlet, and give Sheryl the nod for the Heinkel dream team.
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010, 04:37:37 PM »
The EB-1, a real fifties one, sounds like no ther Gibbie. Fat and sustainy, with midrange bark, but no subwoof madness. The RI version is a good bass in its own right, but really quite different except for appearance. You can't dial a fifties one to emulate a mudbucker and no amount of fiddling on your Ampeg will make a mudbucker EB-1 sound like a single coil one.