Author Topic: Here is a tailpiece you don't see every day  (Read 2432 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Here is a tailpiece you don't see every day
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 07:27:03 AM »
Hard to imagine this as being manufactured as a regular item, could be a one-off.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 10:24:51 AM »
You mean, like the one that Terr had made for his?  I'd say if nothing else, he should check on this.  It would be much easier to dump the converted bridge tailpiece and put a new one on, if this is possibly from his bass.  Selling a stolen converted lefty bass, that's been restored to a righty could be a nice dodge, and under the radar.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 10:49:57 AM »
I just had a guy ask me a week ago if I had ever seen a left handed compensated stop tailpiece for a Les Paul Junior...... I didn't think they ever made one & now this pops up.     :o
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 11:03:26 AM »
There is that old rather battered and stripped EB1 up at the moment, too...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 11:22:36 AM »
You mean, like the one that Terr had made for his?  I'd say if nothing else, he should check on this.  It would be much easier to dump the converted bridge tailpiece and put a new one on, if this is possibly from his bass.  Selling a stolen converted lefty bass, that's been restored to a righty could be a nice dodge, and under the radar.

There is that old rather battered and stripped EB1 up at the moment, too...?

Terr has avoided responding to any questions about his EB1. He said from his first post that there was a prime suspect, then nothing more, even though he's been asked for updates. He hasn't even told us when and where he last saw it or any other specifics.

So color me skeptical. I don't think we should be raising doubts about any eBay seller of an EB1 or a part that could have been from an EB1 without more from Terr.

There's no way the stripped one could be his, or any of the other ones is his original thread.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 11:38:41 AM »
Terr has avoided responding to any questions about his EB1. He said from his first post that there was a prime suspect, then nothing more, even though he's been asked for updates. He hasn't even told us when and where he last saw it or any other specifics.

So color me skeptical. I don't think we should be raising doubts about any eBay seller of an EB1 or a part that could have been from an EB1 without more from Terr.

+100

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 12:23:43 PM »
Was there ever a picture of it after it was converted to lefty?  I wasn't a big fan of the idea, as I recall the original price tag was astronomically higher than they routinely traded hands for before and after, but I was curious on the final outcome.

This bridge and an old EB-0 like that one with the goofy mudbucker in the lead, and a nice sheet of mahog veneer front and back - vintage southpaw EB-3!!!
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 12:31:02 PM »
There are post-conversion pics of it here: http://bassoutpost.com/index.php?topic=2778.msg39810#msg39810

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 02:14:19 PM »
Over the years at the H.O.G. I saw a few factory lefty 60's EBOs come through the store. They had the reversed bridge, this looks correct to me.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird