Author Topic: i need some help gang - Colby Bass  (Read 106684 times)

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
Re: i need some help gang - Colby Bass
« Reply #720 on: September 06, 2011, 04:53:13 PM »
i am having a problem with the tracking number you sent me. it says not a valid number. the visitation has been cancelled until Friday so i am leaving tomorrow after i finish getting my driver lic.

a word of advise NEVER TELL THE LIC LADY BEHIND THE DESK BULLSHIT!!!. if one does that that in the state of Texas, one gets at least two Rangers (mean looking mf's) with guns and hats and everything in the office asking "is there is a problem?"

ate a little crow today.

BIG MEAN SONS OF A GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i passed the written part ... thought i would get denutted if i didn't.

in all fairness i should say that i have gotten the run around at four different state offices (including this one) prior to today concerning various things such as vehicle registration, drs lic and vehicle inspections and i decided the buck stops now.

i think Dave had mentioned bureaucratic ineptness in another post concerning the Gibson raid.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:43:18 PM by sniper »
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #721 on: September 06, 2011, 05:15:31 PM »
Just don't drop 'em in the yellow snow.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 06, 2011, 06:34:27 PM »
Ouch, you gotta choose your battles carefully CW!  Bureacrats are really annoying!

I checked around for the UPS slip and I've managed to lose it.  I actually dropped the bass off on my way to NYC for a meeting and I think I lost the slip somewhere between flying there and coming home.  I'll call them tomorrow and see if they can give me the number and I'll send it to you.  They did say Thursday on it!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 06, 2011, 06:40:16 PM »
thanks Doc. if push comes to shove, that ol Chevy van will drive to Kansas either ready or not so ready during the night if it has to. i told Dale about it today and he laughed very hard on the phone and told me understood. he is as crazy as i am.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:51:31 PM by sniper »
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 06, 2011, 07:17:05 PM »
The post office told me the screws will arrive Friday.  I hope you get them!  Or at least they will be forwarded.  Best of luck on your travels!  Say hi to Wichita when you pass by!  My daughter is getting used to the 100+ degrees all summer!   :P

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 07, 2011, 07:55:00 AM »
i'm not but it has cooled now. we had 98 days of over 100 and of those 98 days, we had 71 days over 105.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #726 on: September 07, 2011, 08:10:26 AM »
i'm not but it has cooled now. we had 98 days of over 100 and of those 98 days, we had 71 days over 105.

When you look at humidity adjusted temperatures (heat index) that's just a normal summer in these parts.  As my ex wife puts it, HELL.  And she should know, she's from Louisiana.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 07, 2011, 11:12:00 AM »

Check your PM for tracking onfo CW.

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 16, 2011, 09:49:41 AM »
got back last night and checked out the bass. i love it Bill. thank you very much.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #729 on: September 16, 2011, 01:42:42 PM »
We need an appropriately grainy photo of the bass with the proud owner!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 16, 2011, 07:27:46 PM »
got back last night and checked out the bass. i love it Bill. thank you very much.

Thanks CW.  Let me know your impressions regarding it's sound and feel.  I love the way it sounds and plays, but I'm biased.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 18, 2011, 01:16:47 PM »
 :popcorn:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 18, 2011, 09:17:18 PM »
Thanks CW.  Let me know your impressions regarding it's sound and feel.  I love the way it sounds and plays, but I'm biased.

i walked around with it for two days getting a feel for it. my first impression is that it is kind of long. i got used to that very quickly; probably from the neck angle as it makes it hang a little to the right making neck access very good and without any neck dive that i can perceive. the body balances over my right illiac crest so it fits my left arm very well as i am oval not square and my right hand falls just about right to take advantage of the thumb rest. i was worried about it being too far away from the strings, but it is right on. i don't have to stretch to reach anything low on the neck and upper registry access is very good although presonally i feel a little unfamiliar with playing in the upper registry. the thumb rest lets me play pickless and softly away from the pup poles. admitedly i haven't tried it with a pick yet. the handrest isn't plated so i haven't mounted it. there should be plenty of room come time.

the sound is not too muddy but it has enough and if i crank it in with a full mid range and a respectful high register its very clean overall. i seem to be able to crank in all the bite i need or i can soften it up if i want by moving away from the poles. i tried it through my Bassman 10 (about 50 watts RMS) pushing two Celestion G75's wired parallel in an old Blonde Bassman unported cab. i have an old AB165 chassis laying here that i hope to get rebuilt into a Sunn 200S to push a tone ring 15" if i ever get them done. it overdrives my amp if i let it. this bass can use more amp than i presently have. i feel very happy with the way it sounds and i would feel very comfortable playing blues, rock or even jazz with it.

finish wise i can tell it was done with a rattle can, but...i can also do a carnuba/bees wax polish job on it that will get rid of 90% of what makes you unhappy and which i plan to do soon to protect that nitro. in all fairness if you had your booth ready i am sure you would have given it a nicer finish but it is still a lot better finish than the SGRI i had. good job.

i am very happy with it.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 19, 2011, 06:40:48 AM »
i walked around with it for two days getting a feel for it. my first impression is that it is kind of long. i got used to that very quickly; probably from the neck angle as it makes it hang a little to the right making neck access very good and without any neck dive that i can perceive. the body balances over my right illiac crest so it fits my left arm very well as i am oval not square and my right hand falls just about right to take advantage of the thumb rest. i was worried about it being too far away from the strings, but it is right on. i don't have to stretch to reach anything low on the neck and upper registry access is very good although presonally i feel a little unfamiliar with playing in the upper registry. the thumb rest lets me play pickless and softly away from the pup poles. admitedly i haven't tried it with a pick yet. the handrest isn't plated so i haven't mounted it. there should be plenty of room come time.

the sound is not too muddy but it has enough and if i crank it in with a full mid range and a respectful high register its very clean overall. i seem to be able to crank in all the bite i need or i can soften it up if i want by moving away from the poles. i tried it through my Bassman 10 (about 50 watts RMS) pushing two Celestion G75's wired parallel in an old Blonde Bassman unported cab. i have an old AB165 chassis laying here that i hope to get rebuilt into a Sunn 200S to push a tone ring 15" if i ever get them done. it overdrives my amp if i let it. this bass can use more amp than i presently have. i feel very happy with the way it sounds and i would feel very comfortable playing blues, rock or even jazz with it.

finish wise i can tell it was done with a rattle can, but...i can also do a carnuba/bees wax polish job on it that will get rid of 90% of what makes you unhappy and which i plan to do soon to protect that nitro. in all fairness if you had your booth ready i am sure you would have given it a nicer finish but it is still a lot better finish than the SGRI i had. good job.

i am very happy with it.

Whew, thanks for the review.  I was pleased will all of it but the finish.  If you ever get a recording of it, post it!

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 13, 2011, 12:42:14 PM »
So, after a few weeks, how's that bass shakin' out for ya?  Sound?  Feel?