Author Topic: Who's an Allparts dealer here? Anyone?  (Read 1274 times)

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
Who's an Allparts dealer here? Anyone?
« on: September 04, 2010, 09:31:19 AM »
I know that this was talked about here once - anyone have an Allparts dealership set up?  I've looked at it but I just do not have time for all of the tax junk and shipping of parts. 

I've got several things on the back burner and I'll be needing some parts soon and I prefer to keep the money here if possible.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
Re: Who's an Allparts dealer here? Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 11:59:31 AM »
I know that this was talked about here once - anyone have an Allparts dealership set up?  I've looked at it but I just do not have time for all of the tax junk and shipping of parts. 

I've got several things on the back burner and I'll be needing some parts soon and I prefer to keep the money here if possible.

I'm going to become one within the month, I used to use my friend's music store but they're belly up.  I had a FL tax number but gave it up for the hassles you mention.  I'm going to see if I still have a record of the number, if not I'll have to reapply.  Will keep you posted.

Lightyear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 02:36:50 PM »
Good news!  Let us know when you're setup.  You can probably garner a fair amount bidness here ;)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 09:35:58 PM »
You may not need a tax number to become an Allparts dealer. Allparts may just require a copy of a business filing, like whatever form Florida requires for operating with a d/b/a. Of course you'll eventually need one unless you plan on refusing in-state sales.  ;)

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 11:35:09 PM »
Good news!  Let us know when you're setup.  You can probably garner a fair amount bidness here ;)
You may not need a tax number to become an Allparts dealer. Allparts may just require a copy of a business filing, like whatever form Florida requires for operating with a d/b/a. Of course you'll eventually need one unless you plan on refusing in-state sales.  ;)

I should know what I need on Tuesday, Allparts DOES require a tax number according to their site as well as a business license.

Lightyear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 11:57:17 AM »
If you're planning on building to sell you'll need to set up accounts for other vendors anyway so get yourself squared away can't hurt

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 01:11:29 PM »
If you're planning on building to sell you'll need to set up accounts for other vendors anyway so get yourself squared away can't hurt

That's what I'm thinking, I definitely have enough offsetting expenses.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 07:37:18 AM »
Tax and resale numbers arrived yesterday.  I will be sending the info to Allparts Monday and will be happy to sell parts at a discount off Allparts retail list but I have to come up with a percentage and a minimum that would be fair to everyone.  Input, please!

BTW Allparts sells retail to the public w/no minimum and $7.95 shipping per order.

Thanks.

Lightyear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 08:03:00 AM »
Yes they do, but at full retail  :sad:  Most folks that set up and resell offer a 10 - 15% price break.  I used to buy a fair amount of goods from SGLou at the ReRanch board like this.