Gear Discussion Forums > Rickenbacker Basses

4004 pickups/sound?

(1/2) > >>

Lightyear:
Anybody have or played 4004?  The pickups are for sale at the Ric Boutique for $95, thery're the same as the 650 guitar pickups, and the size and appearance will work well for my project but I'm wondering about their tone and power.

gearHed289:
They sound great and are quiet. Well, actually they're LOUD, but you know what I mean.  ;D ;D I had a pair on my 4003S for a short while. Went back to single coils for a more traditional Ric tone, plus I already had my Les Paul which does the humbucker thing beautifully.

Lightyear:
Thanks Tom!  How would you describe them - bright, middish, ultra low?  I'm going to build a single pup Ric project and these do look the part.  Do you know are they blade magnets or pole pieces? 

Hey, do you still have the set you had in your Ric? ;D

gearHed289:
I'd say they're slightly scooped in the mids with solid lows and just a touch of the Ric tone lurking in the background. Dual blade magnets. You could wire them for coil splitting if you wanted to. I sold the ones I had.

Lightyear:
Thanks, that's good news.  I thought I think I'll run the coil tqap through a push pull tone pot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version