Author Topic: SWR LA8 or LA10 owners?  (Read 1126 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
SWR LA8 or LA10 owners?
« on: November 20, 2010, 11:00:42 PM »
I'm thinking about a very light practice amp - just heard about the SWR LA series, especially the LA8 and LA10.  Anyone here have experience with them?
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
Re: SWR LA8 or LA10 owners?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 12:14:11 AM »
From what I heard when they first debuted in stores, they are pretty overpriced and underperforming. That was quite awhile back, though.

ack1961

• View Profile
Re: SWR LA8 or LA10 owners?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 04:56:20 AM »
Not exactly what you asked for, but I've got an LA12 (60W) and as alluded to in an earlier post, they tend to be a bit underwhelming...
It sounds great (very warm and versatile) but it's missing some of that punch you expect from almost any bass amp - practice amp or not. It's almost tame.
That being said, it became my favorite practice amp the minute I put an MXR M80 DI in front of it.

I like the Line/Mix-In jack and headphone jack.  The LA series can be pricey, but I've looked used and they seem to hold their value quite well.
This may sound stupid to most, but the fact that it's a box allows me to stack other crap on top of it, freeing up floor space in the jam room.

Good luck.
Have Fun.  Be Nice.  Mean People Suck.