Author Topic: RIP Gary Coleman .......  (Read 995 times)

luve2fli

• View Profile
"I think it's only proper that I play until the last note of a set, then fall over and die. The band won't have to play an encore and they'll still get paid for the gig" (Dr. John)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: RIP Gary Coleman .......
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 01:08:04 PM »

Sad.

That's too young for anybody to check out. I met him once at a National Model Railroading Convention, being held in Long Beach Ca., he loved trains and his layout was featured in Model Railroader magazine.

R.I.P. little guy.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 01:11:29 PM »
not a fan of the show but 42 is way too young.  He appeared he had a tough and angry life.  I wonder if that has any long lasting effect....

Mark you're into trains ??  I love my lionels... and  MTH stuff.

no train pics by the subaru.....
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 01:23:47 PM »
Jumbo my friend you are in for a treat !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 01:33:19 PM »
Mark you're into trains ??  I love my lionels... and  MTH stuff.

no train pics by the subaru.....

Not to push the topic in the wrong direction.........but, yes I love trains. I model the Rio Grande in HO scale circa 1970-'76, and for awhile served as an associate author for Mainline Modeler magazine, I've wriiten and published at least a dozen modeling articles too....... :)

Some trains.

And the Subaru with a diorame on the roof at a photo shoot..........

And too not stray too far, Gary Colman was quite nice when I met him and he was an avid model railroader.

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 01:52:42 PM »
Mark - i am a more traditional kind of guy  - hair challenged (lost that battle)  jeans instead of skirts and o gauge for me.  My trains however are mostly sitting on shelves as i have lost my train room to a play room for my 11 year old son...
how about 2 subarus....tribeca and new legagcy for my wife.  How boring..... have a jeep for some fun....
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 02:37:58 PM »
Not to push the topic in the wrong direction.........but, yes I love trains. I model the Rio Grande in HO scale circa 1970-'76, and for awhile served as an associate author for Mainline Modeler magazine, I've wriiten and published at least a dozen modeling articles too....... :)

Some trains.

And the Subaru with a diorame on the roof at a photo shoot..........

And too not stray too far, Gary Colman was quite nice when I met him and he was an avid model railroader.

Push the topic in the wrong direction? That could never happen here ;)
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 02:41:50 PM »
On topic now. Child stars always seem to have a tough time after their cuteness wears off. That must have been a  very hard lesson for Gary when he really learned what the world was about. Man he had on hell of a catch phrase ! "what u talk'n 'bout Willis" RIP Gary

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 08:01:00 AM »
Definitely someone whom life kicked in the gonads before he even knew who he was... RIP
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...