Author Topic: Concerts you regret NOT seeing  (Read 9877 times)

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Re: Concerts you regret NOT seeing
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2010, 08:44:39 PM »
Sad I missed FREE when all my high school buds went. ARRRRGH!

Boz Burrell & James Dewar too!!

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2010, 06:29:19 AM »
That's the one...

One of the Yardbirds used to live next door (prior to me living here)

One of the Village People lived in the house around the corner from me (long prior to me living here).
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

nofi

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2010, 06:35:15 AM »
when we were in school andy west of the dregs lived next door for about seven years. i blame him for this whole bass thing.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2010, 03:00:50 AM »
One of the Village People lived in the house around the corner from me (long prior to me living here).

I believe Denis - albeit shyly - is trying to communicate something to us here. Denis, it's ok, whether cop, G.I., sailor, Injun, construction worker or cowboy, you're welcome here as you are:-*
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2010, 04:34:47 AM »
when we were in school andy west of the dregs lived next door for about seven years. i blame him for this whole bass thing.

I loved the Dregs with Andy. Great concerts.

I regret never seeing Alex Harvey SAHB live.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2010, 06:08:03 AM »
I regret never seeing Alex Harvey SAHB live.

I saw them at their peak, opening for The Tubes on Halloween night.  It was a concert to remember!
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

nofi

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2010, 06:14:55 AM »
i saw them as well. don't remember much but i recall an odd little man running around....

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2010, 07:44:07 AM »
rememeber seeing SAHB on tv Midnight special??  and they blew me away.  loved them.  Delilah!!!!!

I was lucky enough to have method man rent a house down the block from me for about 2 years....  he used to come home in the midle of the night and the hole blocked thumped.....

I was lucky enough to get to see Zappa i think  10 or 11 straight years on halloween
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2010, 08:01:21 AM »
rememeber seeing SAHB on tv Midnight special??  and they blew me away.  loved them.  Delilah!!!!!

I was lucky enough to have method man rent a house down the block from me for about 2 years....  he used to come home in the midle of the night and the hole blocked thumped.....

I was lucky enough to get to see Zappa i think  10 or 11 straight years on halloween

I remember that Midnight Special show as well. I too saw Zappa everytime he came to Clevo. Starting when he had Adrian Belew. I remember the crowds- I went to a Primus concert and had a similar crowd.

I also regret never seeing King Crimson with Brufford / Wetton & Captain Beefheart

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2010, 08:07:41 AM »

Man, I got to see the Dixie Dregs ONE time and they were friggin' amazing. For that show, or maybe that tour, the fiddle player from Mahavishnu Orchestra was brought on board and he eventually stopped playing during one song because he couldn't keep up!

I believe Denis - albeit shyly - is trying to communicate something to us here. Denis, it's ok, whether cop, G.I., sailor, Injun, construction worker or cowboy, you're welcome here as you are:-*

I say it loud, I say it proud, I'm a flaming heterosexual! As an interesting bit of info, the original biker dude in The Village People was not gay.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2010, 08:22:46 AM »
I also regret never seeing King Crimson with Brufford / Wetton

I saw them in '74 when they first went to the four-piece line-up.  They were at the Auditorium Theater.  Bruford's kit took up 2/3 of the stage.  You can find some old YouTube footage of the band before Jamie Muir left (Lark's Tongue in Aspic, Part 1).  What I realized after seeing that was that Bruford actually played the small kit.  After Muir left, he had to inherit ALL the percussion parts and gear.  It was amazing watching him run around his little cage all night.  And Wetton was in top form in those days.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2010, 09:21:54 AM »
Man, I got to see the Dixie Dregs ONE time and they were friggin' amazing. For that show, or maybe that tour, the fiddle player from Mahavishnu Orchestra was brought on board and he eventually stopped playing during one song because he couldn't keep up!

I say it loud, I say it proud, I'm a flaming heterosexual! As an interesting bit of info, the original biker dude in The Village People was not gay.

Glenn Hughes (the moustached Village People biker, not the Trapeze/Deep Purple bassist of the same name if possibly not same sexual orientation) was not gay?  :o First thing I hear. I thought he died of Aids (which doesn't make him necessarily gay, I know).

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2010, 09:26:41 AM »
Denis declares inner knowledge of Village People and Uwe can quote their names... Mark... Mark...? there are outings going on...  ;D

I can't complain about the time I saw SAHB in '76 - 2nd on the bill to the Who, and preceded by Little Feat... The Outlaws were also on the bill, as was Chapman's Streetwalkers - The day was just a total stunner...

Got to see Dixie Dregs supporting Sea Level in '78 - that was a crackling show...

Missed King Crimson, truly gutted to have missed the first Peter Gabriel solo tour (effectively Alice Cooper's WTMN band + Fripp) but did see Boz with Bad Co in '74, and at a pub gig with a pickup band called Chuck Farley in the eighties...

Really glad I caught Zappa - saw him twice at Hammersmith - the four piece lineup that recorded Zoot Allures (AWESOME!) and the nights they recorded for Sheik so plenty of TITTIES AND BEER... the second time he was conducting much more, so the first show was the best for me...

Something I regret seeing... Alex Harvey came on for the encores when Cheap Trick played a one-off (not with Petersen) - I was right up the front and snapping away, but he was blitzed - it would have been comic if it wasn't so sad; Neilsen tried to get a guitar on him (so it wasn't round his knees) but it had to have the strap wrapped round his neck... he died about 6 months later...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2010, 12:14:02 PM »
Denis declares inner knowledge of Village People ...

But Denis also said their relationship wasn't anything deep!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2010, 12:26:16 PM »
But Denis also said their relationship wasn't anything deep!

Kinda defeats the purpose, don't you think?