Author Topic: What's a Good Wireless System?  (Read 2734 times)

rahock

• View Profile
Re: What's a Good Wireless System?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 05:09:43 AM »
Hey Pilgrim, thanks for the tip. I'll probably be going with a new unit.
Does anybody remember back in the mid 60s when Super Beatles ruled the earth and Vox had a very short lived attempt at creating an FM band wireless system? I can only imagine someone in the audience with a pocket transistor radio in his shirt pocket and one of those cheezey little earphones in his ear, tuned into the same frequency, and picking up a signal from a 240 watt Super Beatle :o ;D.
Rick

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 05:10:21 AM »
I just picked up a Line 6 unit for $300 ;D Gearhed was right the X2 line is discontinued, it is now the G series. I picked up the cheaper one , a G30. Same digital technology, but a few improvements. It has a standard 1/4 " plug at each end, it uses 2 AA batteries that are good for about 8 hours instead of 4 hours with the X2 9 volt, a range of 100 feet, and a slightly improved frequency range. It works great with my Olympia electric/acoustic and both my Precisions. No distinguishable loss of anything  ;D ;D.
At the store  I tried the Olympia through a couple different amps. First I used a Roland  Microcube because I have one at home and I knew exactly how it would sound. I wasn't too impressed in the store because the store was so big and the amp so little, I nearly passed on buying it right there. Then I tried it through a single 15" Ampeg and a single 12" MarkBass. I've got to say , I was really impressed with the MarkBass. Absolutely remarkable big volume and tone out of such a small package :o. I kind of wish I hadn't even seen the MarkBass, all it did was wet my appetite to try the 2 10" version, and I really don't need to buy another amp .
The G30 sounded great when I got it home and tried it through my Roland and my Seymour Duncan. Anyway, I'm a happy guy, but I think I'd better stay out of Guitar Center for a while and not think about MarkBass amps anymore ;).
Thanks to everyone for the help ;D
Rick

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 10:23:43 PM »
I just ordered a G30 myself today.  The guitarist in my band turned up with one at rehearsal on Wednesday night, and I was impressed by how solid and sturdy it is, even the polycarbonate case version.  Sounded good too.
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 11:44:14 PM »
I just ordered a G30 myself today.  The guitarist in my band turned up with one at rehearsal on Wednesday night, and I was impressed by how solid and sturdy it is, even the polycarbonate case version.  Sounded good too.

Hey Bill (Wyman), wheres ya lead?  ;)
Digresion our specialty!