Author Topic: Me with a pedal board ?????  (Read 1736 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Me with a pedal board ?????
« on: April 24, 2010, 06:08:57 AM »
I am not much of a pedal guy but I do run two, a soviet EH Big Muff and a Seymour Duncan Pick Up Booster. I built a small pedal board with locks for the cables so I don't pull them out at shows. Well this has all changed ! I added a Whirlwind Compressor (same as first generation MXR Dyna Comp) http://www.whirlwindusa.com/ (My Brother in law Michael owns this Co.) and a EH POG octave pedal. So I have out grown my home built board so I splurged and bought a real pedal board case. I really love the POG It will produce a octave below or above the root note, it tracks great. It will mimic a 12ver perfectly and It works great to fill out some solo passages. I will post a pic early next week the case is at the studio. I can't believe after all these years I have a real pedal board lol.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 01:20:56 PM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Me with a pedal board ?????
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 08:06:25 AM »
I'm looking forward to seeing it. The POG sounds interesting...

stiles72

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 08:18:53 AM »
I tried a POG once with a 4 string - and it really nailed the intro to "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam. Great pedal!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 01:25:41 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing it. The POG sounds interesting...
Love the POG Does a great 12 string I use it for our Cheap trick tune. On the other end of the spectrum I can do the octave lower works great for passages in Aerosmith's Same Old Song and Dance and other "thin spots" The only problem is i am tempted to leave the thing on all the time, greatly decreasing it's impact, a great tool being in a three piece but I need to use it sparingly.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 01:45:07 PM »
It's a little off-topic, but has anyone here ever run across a good wah or envelope filter? The only one I've ever liked was the old Charlie Stringer Bawl Buster which is supposedly incorporated into their Bootsy signature pedal. I've got a EHX Bassballs which is ok, but it's very much a one-trick pony.

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 04:46:23 PM »
I had the Micro POG a while ago, and it's the best octaver I've played.  Tracks great, and has lots of cool options.

It's a little off-topic, but has anyone here ever run across a good wah or envelope filter?

EH Micro Q-Tron is a fun envelope filter.  I imagine it's big brother Q-Tron would be great too.
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 10:00:55 AM »
I have and use the microPOG and I love it!

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 08:24:13 PM »
EH Micro Q-Tron is a fun envelope filter.  I imagine it's big brother Q-Tron would be great too.

I've tried them both didn't like them. I even borrowed a Q-tron for few days hoping to learn how to get more out of it, but it's very much just a variation on theme of the Bassballs I already have.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 08:45:06 PM »
I've got a EHX Bassballs which is ok, but it's very much a one-trick pony.

Yep, I have one of these and I agree it does the bass line in Lenny Kravitz "Fly away" perfectly but thats about it from what I can werk out. Not bad for a bit of colour in a solo situation I guess but dont wank on too long because its really just a feature sound IMHO and you will start sounding like you're into you and no one else is.

I am a bit interested in Marks endorsed pedals . http://bassoutpost.com/index.php?topic=3094.0 Especially since they are passive. The EH Bassballs is a battry power leech  :-\

Digresion our specialty!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 08:17:18 AM »
I have and use the microPOG and I love it!
Yeah thats the one I have the Micro, I forgot to mention that.