Author Topic: Nice looking reverse Ric clone with Lakland Chi-Sonic pups.  (Read 5919 times)

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
Re: Nice looking reverse Ric clone with Lakland Chi-Sonic pups.
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 07:34:22 PM »
and what do we google? BaChRic? ;D
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 09:16:34 PM »
and what do we google? BaChRic? ;D

Rob can hook anyone up with pictures if they feel the need. Best to keep them somewhat on the down-low...

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 01:33:02 AM »
I've seen upside-down Ric clones before, but I just don't get the appeal. This one also looks thicker than a Ric, if it's maple like a Ric it must weigh a ton.
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 05:31:05 AM »
Rob can hook anyone up with pictures if they feel the need. Best to keep them somewhat on the down-low...
Best not to show these over at TB. I don't know what JH could do but why make waves?
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

saltymonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 09:37:41 AM »
Best not to show these over at TB. I don't know what JH could do but why make waves?

Agreed. And it's really nice that these basses are available at such great prices and virtually unknown to the masses. I can't wait to get my Bachbird but I won't be posting pics of it over there once it arrives. Even if it makes it into a group shot at some point there will be no information attached to it. I saw some pics of the NR Bird and heard the Bach name a couple of times before my frantic gas fueled search landed me here. I won't be the one publicly giving away the location of the pot of gold at the end of this rainbow.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 03:40:25 PM »
We're not too worried about the BaCHbird. The cat has been out of the bag for quite a while now.
The RickenBaCHer is a little tricky though. :-X

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 04:11:58 PM »
Besides Rob can't sell 'em if people don't know about them..............as much as I'd like to keep Bach's to myself it seems a little selfish..................................... I can't believe I said that  :o
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 01:38:38 PM »
how do the chi sonics compare to dark stars.  looks like lakland copied fred .....
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

jmcgliss

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 05:35:46 PM »
how do the chi sonics compare to dark stars.  looks like lakland copied fred .....
I have a Dark Star Decade and a 55-02CS. A CS is not a copy of a DS as much as an alternative.  For one, the CS pole pieces are not encased, not adjustable, and there may be other internal construction differences.  Sonically, a DS saturates and blooms in a unique way, whereas Laklands have a more well-produced sound (Dan's description).  I think Lakland's main goal was to have a steady supply at reasonable cost, since they build almost all their own pickups now. One other point of difference is you can order a Chi Sonic as single coil only, or a CS humcanceller that is switchable to single coil (though some say the pure single coil version has sonic differences).
RD Artist w/ Victory headstock (sold)
2009 Epiphone Thunderbird IV silverburst (mods pending)
2005 Lakland Decade Dark Star | 2009 55-02 Chi-Sonic
2005 Dark Star P-Bass | 1986 Pedulla Buzz |
Eden heads with various 12's and 10's | Ampeg B-15N