Author Topic: The Runaways  (Read 4752 times)

angrymatt

• View Profile
Re: The Runaways
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 04:36:50 PM »
I saw Joan Jett last fall.  I think bass was playing a white t-bird that night.
angrymatt, the lurk
'13 NR Thunder "Blue" Bird | '09 BaCHBird | '07 Zebrabird | '06 Tobias Growler | '03 Spector Rebop 5 | '87 Heritage

Chaser001

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 05:36:02 AM »
Here is an article about the legal battle going on.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=10144921
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 05:41:40 AM by Chaser001 »

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 06:05:17 AM »
Bass players revenge ! It will be interesting to see how this shakes out  :popcorn:
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Chaser001

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 07:12:11 AM »
Although I actually do like Joan Jett, based on what I'm seeing so far, I think I'd have to side with Jackie Fox on this one. 

Dr. Aquafresh

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 08:37:59 PM »
I always thought Cherry Bomb sounded more like

J-J-J-J-J-J-J-JHERI CURL!  :mrgreen:
Bring on the Nubiles

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 09:38:51 PM »
That article was obviously written by someone who hasn't a clue about the band's history. I mean, if you don't understand the roles of Jackie Fox and Lita Ford, you have no business writing the article.

And to repeat Jett's absurd claim in her lawsuit ("Fuchs tried to have the ... film halted, and has demanded to see the script, even though there is no character based on her,") without comment is not something a real journalist does. The fact that the movie has no character based on her despite her being an important part of the band's history is the whole point of Jackie Fox's efforts.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 08:05:49 AM »
I find it amazing that they are still bitching with each other more than three decades after the fact.

Then again I'm not surprised at all - wimmin!  :mrgreen:

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 09:16:32 AM »
I read a short article with Lita Ford the other day and she said that she had no input at all into the story. She was blaming Joan's manager for any problems between the two. She said Joan's manager offered to buy her life story for $1000 and that she wouldn't even respond to it. She claims that she has no issue's at all with Joan, but hates Joan's manager with a passion.

I finally saw a preview of the movie the other nite and It's obvious that it's going to focus mostly on Joan Jett. I don't care either way how the movie works out who was the "star" in the band, but it should be about the "band" not just one or two people in it.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

nofi

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 09:59:16 AM »
you mean kenny laguna. i have heard some not so nice things about that guy.

wiki says he used to be a Shondell. ;D

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2010, 12:11:39 PM »
The movie was released yesterday!
Saw REPO MEN last night cuz I got to the theater a little too late for the last showing of RUNAWAYS.
I'll go see it tonight!!!!!

I feel for the Foxy Lady, but she quit the band! so F**k her.  >:(

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2010, 12:18:53 PM »
I feel for the Foxy Lady, but she quit the band! so F**k her.  >:(

Even though she quit, even if you never liked her, she was the bassist for the band when they had their first hits and became famous. She and Lita Ford are essential to the band's history, and if you leave them out, what's left is a lie.

Chaser001

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2010, 01:14:22 PM »
I was actually looking forward to seeing the movie, especially since it has been a while since I've seen one.  But now that I see how they are so deliberately shunning Jackie Fox and even suing her before the movie was made, I'll not waste my time with this movie.  I'm not interested in watching a movie which deliberately re-writes the history of a band.  So, screw this.  I wasn't asking for a documentary, but having a fictional character for the bassist in the movie is absurd. 

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2010, 11:36:08 PM »
 Dakota is no little girl anymore.

Ain't THAT the Truth!

Saw RUNAWAYS tonight & it captures the excitement of putting a band together pretty good & attaining 15 minutes of FAME.
 It's based on the book by Cherie Curry,that I read a looooong time ago, so it's Dakota's vehicle but the chick from Twilight, Kirsten Stewart, does a bang up job portraying Joan too!!
Joan is Executive Producer too!!
Yeah~ I think it's wrong that they snubbed Jackie Fox so bad.
Otherwise, it's worth seeing!!! Hubba hubba

Chaser001

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 04:48:54 AM »
Ain't THAT the Truth!

Saw RUNAWAYS tonight & it captures the excitement of putting a band together pretty good & attaining 15 minutes of FAME.
 It's based on the book by Cherie Curry,that I read a looooong time ago, so it's Dakota's vehicle but the chick from Twilight, Kirsten Stewart, does a bang up job portraying Joan too!!
Joan is Executive Producer too!!
Yeah~ I think it's wrong that they snubbed Jackie Fox so bad.
Otherwise, it's worth seeing!!! Hubba hubba

Since you put it that way, it does sound interesting. 

Hornisse

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2010, 09:57:00 AM »
The Runaways LP's are starting to command a high price now that the movie is out.  Wonder how much this sealed copy will go for?  I knew I should have bought it when it was in the cutout bin..... ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/CRANIUMS-The-Runaways-S-T-1ST-Lp-SEALED-Joan-Jett_W0QQitemZ110507610397QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item19bac4511d