Author Topic: proof is in, waiting for the die  (Read 5223 times)

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
Re: proof is in, waiting for the die
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 06:11:39 PM »
...and a can of compressed air for that keyboard. Jeez!

my poor ol HP. i've rebuilt that puter about 3 times in the last 6 years. the present chip fan is held in by super glue and rubber bands (or bread ties = i don't remember which) and the keyboard is almost worn through the plastic just below the space bar. about once a year i take it to a garage and use an air gun to blow it clean inside, put in a new fan and go with it. hasn't failed me yet. the threaded insert where the heat sink bolt attaches is stripped so i bradded the bolt that holds it to the motherboard with a chisel and a hammer. i added another 2 hard drives for a total of one terabite+, a dvd player, maxed the memory and its still faster than the g/f's new one.  ;D
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 06:31:48 PM »
I can understand rebuilding the computer, but why bother with a worn-out keyboard when you can get a basic replacement for so little?

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 06:42:31 PM »
the keyboard is not dropping charactors yet so until it starts i'll use it. "iffen it ain't broke don't fix it!"
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 04:05:25 PM »
I have several spare HP keypads, boxed... new... we threw away quite a few... and a Dell... I'd happily let you have one, but the postage would be ridiculous...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 05:48:32 AM »
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

ramone57

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 07:27:52 AM »
^  that's sd's auction.  same dude, different handle.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 01:50:52 PM »
Them pesky varmints from west of the Pecos...  ;D
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 03:15:05 PM »
I have several spare HP keypads, boxed... new... we threw away quite a few... and a Dell... I'd happily let you have one, but the postage would be ridiculous...

thanks Kenny, i've got a closet full of puter stuff including two that need to be built i'm keeping for spare parts...leftovers from having my puter shop.
i usually wear keyboards out by now but i'm keeping this one around to see how long it lasts. i used to tear them apart and clean them but now just a vacuum now and then works. 6 years now and counting.

^  that's sd's auction.  same dude, different handle.

yep that be me. same pic as in outpost classifieds here. i don't want to toot but those things are getting expensive to make. i will end up with about 90 of them to sell and the cost will be about 5.47$ a pop to make after it is all said and done. i'm not making a bunch here selling to outposters but i decided to get my money back through selling online elsewhere. it is a bit labor intensive though.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 03:27:38 PM by sniper dog »

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 05:40:46 PM »
Damn, man!  Pecos?  I'm guessing that's where the GF is?

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 06:07:39 PM »
actually the g/f is in Sacramento now. i have been house setting for three months and am flying out there next Friday for a month or more. the ex's are in East Texas and SW Missouri. the g/f i stayed friends with and posted the pic of is in London. she has retired from modeling and is a hair dresser. the blonde locks were for modeling as she is actually a brunette and a smart one at that. she invested her money into expanding the family business and now owns 5 shops in and around London. she also has a degree in pre-med and i am trying to talk her into going back into the medical field. we just stay in touch and yes my present lady knows about Calico.

i'm driving to Odessa tomorrow to buy a press. i have been renting the use of one that belongs to a local mechanic for a few bucks but i want my own and i found a good deal on a small 6 ton hydraulic press. a hydraulic press is like a Tiger tank, when you need one = nothing else will do. i'll try to get some more plates made before i go so i can sell them while i am out there but that might be a little iffy as i have a lot to do before i go.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:14:26 PM by sniper dog »

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 07:12:40 PM »
yep that be me. same pic as in outpost classifieds here. i don't want to toot but those things are getting expensive to make. i will end up with about 90 of them to sell and the cost will be about 5.47$ a pop to make after it is all said and done. i'm not making a bunch here selling to outposters but i decided to get my money back through selling online elsewhere. it is a bit labor intensive though.

Dang, I didn't even know those were ready since I didn't see the classified until this evening!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 07:23:48 PM »
i didn't want to advertise very much about the discount but one only has to log in to find this in the classifieds. it is not viewable to a casual non member reader.

again i thank Dave and Uwe for reuniting a bunch of us ex DP'ers and making this the righteous place it is for brothers in arms.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 01:01:42 PM »
I like the new alternative spelling from earlier in the thread:  Dav'e.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2010, 01:19:41 PM »
I like the new alternative spelling from earlier in the thread:  Dav'e.

Dav'e - shall we make this permanent? ;D

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2010, 02:45:41 PM »
Is it pronounced something like that blue lot in AVATAR...?  :mrgreen: